Just Back From Vision Of The Seas !!

Just got back from the May 8th cruise of the Mexican Riveria on Vision Of the Seas. The weather was lovely once we got to Mexico, sunny and warm. The ship is showing her age but they still keep her in tip top shape. We had the honor of having room 7652 (aft balcony). HUGE balcony very nice for relaxing on when the pool was crowded. The room was kept clean and tidy by our stateroom attendant Dexter and of course those wonderful towel animals every evening. The food was great in the dining room and our waiter Terrance was wonderful (desserts could of been better).Ate in the windjammer for breakfast and lunch it's much better than the dining room for casual meals. Drinks in all the bars pretty tasty.Went to the Meet and Mingle met some really nice folks. If you go on this cruise try the Jeep Adventure in P.V it was alot of fun and great way to see old Mexico. Cabo was fun as well. Matzalan son went Parasailing and boogie boarding. We just hung out at a hotel and drank cervazas under a umbrella on the beach.Shopped way to much but that is what vacations are all about(spending $$). Well have to unpack now. We are already planning our next cruise to the western Caribbean.:)

We're planning Vision in late January of '06 ... glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

Any chance you got to visit Vision's gym? We're wondering how it looks after the rock wall was added. (On Grandeur, the climbing wall gave the gym a somewhat closed-in feel ... the panoramic views from the treadmills are gone because half the window space has been covered over by the back of the wall.)

Don,

Did go to the gym and have to say it isn't as nice as others I've seen. We loved the Monarch for the open air feeling. The rock wall does change that on the Vision. It feels much smaller. Still you can get your work out in. I just walked around the deck 3.5 times to get my mile in. Hope you have a good time we sure did. Planning the Rhaposody next.:)

Any chance you got to visit Vision's gym? We're wondering how it looks after the rock wall was added.

When I was on the Vision last December, I looked at the gym one morning all I saw was people working way to hard for my way of thinking on a vacation. it made me hungry just watching them workout so I went and had another breakfast.

Bob (how come i can't have smoked salmon at home everymorning) P.

I have to use the gym when cruising so I can at least burn off some of those calories I take in!! Better to gain 2 pounds than 10!!!

I have been really impressed with the gyms on the new Carnival ships, I am just wondering how bad this gym will be! Did you have to wait for a treadmill? Are there any newer pieces of gym equip on this ship, such as elliptical machines?

It's been a couple of years since we sailed on Vision but I thought the gym was decent. I never had a problem getting a treadmill but maybe I was there at off hours? To be honest, I really didn't hit the gym that often and it's not a priorty for me on a cruise.

Archived