Loaner snorkel equipment on PG

WNcruiser

Well I finally have almost everything finalized for our first cruise on PG thanks to all of the great info here on the PG boards (Emdee, Tiki and that awesome review by Family)

One question regarding the loaner masks. Does anyone know if the PG has prescription masks? I have pretty bad eyesight and don't want to miss anything under the water.

I was planning on buying one on Amazon but thought I would ask before I do.

Steve

I would get/take your eye script to a dive place and get a good quality mask...and test it before your trip.

My wife has had her mask for over 15 years, and it is a script mask, and has had zero issues....and loves it.

Money well spent she said.

Can I wear a regular mask with my contacts on to see?
I do this all the time. Even SCUBA diving. Yes, there is a risk that a lens will wash out while swimming or snorkeling. I always bring a few extras just in case.

Tears are "salt water" of course but a slightly different chemical composition than the ocean. If you do get water in your eyes you might consider taking your lenses out at night (if you don't already; I do) and soaking them in saline solution (there's another type of salt water for you!) for a good rinse.

Thanks everyone for the info and advice. We don't have too many dive shops here in Vegas but we do have a couple, I will check them out.

I plan to do a lot of snorkeling and being in the water as much as possible.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestion. I went to my eye dr and he gave me a couple packs of disposable contacts. I have never worn them but they were easy to put in and take out. Now I won't miss anything under the water!

Was on the PG in Oct 2011. They had different rx snap in lenses for their goggles available. I didn't need them, had brought my own. Purchased online also. Rather inexpensive - about $45.00 complete. Same rx both eyes.

Archived