Airport to Hotel Tahiti Nui at night

lovetotravel68

Hello,

We are arriving into Papeete at 12:05am and are staying at the Hotel Tahiti Nui for 2 nights before we head over to Moorea for a pre cruise stay at the Hilton.

The price I was quoted by the hotel for a shuttle pickup was 3000XPF (for 2 of us). Do you think it would be cheaper to get a taxi? I read that they are alot more expensive at night.

If the price is not much different I think I would rather book the shuttle pickup so we don't have to worry about organising taxis etc.

We stayed at the Tahiti Nui on our last trip as we had a flight change due to an ATN strike. ATN put us on an earlier (overnight) Air New Zealand flight and paid for a day room at the Tahiti Nui. We napped and showered and WALKED to the ship (it is a couple of blocks from the dock). CD Michael Shapiro met us on the dock and wondered from where we had appeared. We were about the first passengers to board.

The hotel has very nice rooms and restaurant, but don't expect ocean views. It is above all else very convenient.

Thanks MotuIslander :)

We are flying in from NZ so are also on Air NZ. As we are only staying in Papeete for one day really we debated if we should stay at the IC or stay somewhere in 'town' where we can have easy access to the market, roulottes etc.

We have just discovered that while we are there (in September) the FIFA world cup beach series is on so all the resorts are booked up and hotels have hiked their prices up :eek:

My travel agent is working on getting a quote from the IC Tahiti for our 2 night stay. Would you recommend staying here over the Hotel Tahiti Nui (keeping in mind that we will not arrive till around 1am the first night, will stay one more night after this then head to Moorea in the morning)?

:)

We flew in at 5am and had a day room at this hotel. I would say that the shuttle that we paid for and arranged through them was well worth it. The chaos outside is a lot, especially in the middle of the night.

The hotel is ok...definitely nice to walk to the market, roulettes, etc. And you can walk to the ship easily, which we did. They do have a small pool, and the workout room is decent. It looks out over the pool and the lush tree tops of Tahiti, which is a welcome site compared to my normal treadmill view. :)

There is wireless in the lobby, and they will keep your bags in a locked room until you need them the day you checked out. It's a very modern hotel, and not at all Tahiti like.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Tiki I had heard about Fare Suisse and would have been very happy to stay there but unfortunately they are all booked out! (damn those FIFA-ites) ;)

There has been a bit of a spanner thrown in the works. Our original plan was 2 nights Papeete at Hotel Tahiti Nui, 4 nights Moorea at Hilton.

Our travel agent has just come back with a PG arranged pre stay which includes 2 nights at IC Papeete and 4 nights at IC Moorea (including breakfasts, transfers, ferry etc).

If my calculations are correct and after adding in transfers and breakfasts for option 1, they will cost roughly the same. Any advice on which option to take?

I know the IC in Papeete will be much nicer than the Hotel Tahiti Nui but how about on Moorea? We will be in the lowest room category at both but if I choose the IC package I would get an Ambassadors card which would upgrade one room category at each IC.

Help please! :confused:

Honestly, I would go with the IC deal. Tahiti Nui is a good hotel to sleep in...but it is in the middle of Papeete, which is so far from the Tahiti experience. I love the city, but only so much. I would much prefer staying at the IC (which I have stayed at) for the more traditional Tahiti experience. You can always travel into town to the market, etc.

I wasn't blown away by the IC Moorea, but it's in a good location. There's a hotel on the mountain across the street that has an amazing view, cocktails, etc. that I recommend. I can't remember the name right now...Legends?

I agree with clairesmom. The Tahiti Nui is a really nice hotel, but if I was staying for a couple of days I would go with the IC. I liked the TN for it's proximity to shopping and the dock, but is more like a business hotel than a resort. That was good for 5 hours, but less than I would want for a two day stay.

We are doing two days pre-cruise at the IC this June.

I would do the IC deal but why 2 days on Tahiti? Why not just go directly to Moorea? The IC TAhiti is nice if your wanting to stay on Tahiti but I always say get of off Tahiti ASAP.

The Legends is nice but most who go to FP want the 'on the beach' experience. The Legends has great views so it is a great place to go eat at their restaurant which is also very good so you get view nd great food. But it wouldn't be my cup of tea for a place to stay though it is very nice, just can't see myself 1000 feet from the waters edge.

Thank you for your help everyone. The only reason we were wanting to stay 2 nights in Tahiti is because of our late flight (we won't arrive at the hotel till after 1am, plus we will be on NZ time so will probably wake up around 11am & didn't want to have to spend the day rushing around). We also really wanted to have dinner at the roulottes while in Tahiti :)

In terms of Moorea how would you rate the IC compared to the Hilton? We were wanting to swim, snorkel, lay on the beach & just relax at the resort. We wern't planning on doing any activities during this time (thought we would save them for the PG) so we will be at the resort alot :)

Archived