Just off Air Tahiti - NEW CABIN

WNcruiser

What a great way to end a fantastic 7 nights on the PG! I was very happy to see "Mangereva" pull up to our gate last night in Papeete for our flight to LAX.

It is correct that it is currently the only aircraft refurbished, however the crew said "Rangiroa" is scheduled to be completed in the next few days:).

As it was my first flight on ATN I cannot compare it to the older product but was very impressed. The cabin is bright and colorful and very spacious. I will try to attach some pics I took but don't have much luck on CC.

I am 5'10" and had several inches of room from the seat in front of me. The large personal monitors are very nice with several on demand movies, music, flight tracker and now menus. The armrest does move up about 90%. For 8 hours, I must say I was pretty comfortable (in spite of several hours of turbulence -both ways).

The ATN crew was fantastic, very friendly and made the flight enjoyable. Let me know if you have any questions.

Flight 102? Interesting! Indications were that the first finished aircraft would be placed 0n CDG-LAX-PPT flights. 102 is PPT-LAX.

I'm glad now I didn't change flights - but I really think it's a crap shoot at this point. They probably mix up the planes depending on maintenance schedules and rotating planes out of service for the seating upgrades.

I'm glad now I didn't change flights - but I really think it's a crap shoot at this point. They probably mix up the planes depending on maintenance schedules and rotating planes out of service for the seating upgrades.

You're absolutely right - can't figure the odds!

We are at the airport for TN 2 and they just towed "Mangereva" over to our gate. Apparently it came from LAX last night and sat on the ramp all day. "Nuku Hiva" is here too, but the lights are off. Maybe that will be TN 8 at 11:59 tonight.

I'm just glad we will get to see the new cabin.

Archived