Glory May 21st Review Part 1

ginam

Just back from Glory, Western Itenerary. My husband and I 33 and 32 yrs old. Will try to hit all the main things, but feel free to ask any questions.

Flew in to Orlando a day early, stayed at the Quality Inn Airport hotel, thought it was going to be a real dump but was actually not that bad. They offered free airport shuttle, and they also offered a shuttle to Port Canaveral for 25 per person or 35 per person round trip. No other hotel in the area that we could find would offer this. They also had free cocktails that evening, and free pizza because it was Friday. There was a I-Hop down the road, so we ate there for lunch and had pizza for dinner.

The hotel shuttle was ready for us right when we checked out at 11:15. Drove to Port Canaveral was there by alittle after 12:00. The lines were very long getting into the terminal, but once we got thru the medal detectors things went really quick, off to the fun pass line, then to get our room keys, picture taken etc. and then there we were on the ship!!!!

I believe that Port Canaveral was alot better layed out than Miami.

The ship was beautifull, I thought the decor was very nice, I think I like the Triumphs decor alittle better, but still very nice. Went to the info desk and put some cash on our sign and sail cards, and headed to our room. We had a balcony room (#8257) on Verandah deck. Loved the room was almost the same as our room on the Triumph. Did not hear any noise from the Lido deck at all ( but we had rooms above us) Liked the location, close to all the food.

Food - Everything was wonderfull, We ate in the dining room everynight but one. Had a table for 8, and really enjoyed our dinner companians. Also had fish and chips twice, and ate at the deli once. Never tried the Oriental. The grill was also good and so was the pizza. Ate way too much at the chocolate buffet!!!! and the Grand buffet was awesome, took pictures but never ate anything. Hee Hee

Entertainment _ Shows were very good, but I think the Triumphs shows were alot better. All except Marc Anthony, he was truly awesome. We really enjoyed him. Michael in the piano bar was really great, and the piano bar was always packed. The kareoke bar was always packed but never made it in there. Disco was fun, went one night.

Ship movement - Never really had any, maybe just a little a few times. Stopped taking my Bonine after 2nd day. Had wonderfull weather, all except the first night it rained.

More later, feel free to ask questions, will do ports of call next. gina

We sailed the Glory 4/9 and absolutely loved her. Sailed on the Triumph two years ago and we thought the Glory was better overall but that's just our opinion. Glad to hear your stay at the Quality Inn was good. Looked into that hotel while researching Orlando hotels - didn't see great reviews and we ended up getting our room on Priceline for $40 which was great. Would stay in Cocoa Beach area next time. Glad you had a great time!

Key West - We just walked around, went to the lighthouse museaum. I collect lighthouses so this was a must. It was quite the hike up the lighthouse, but well worth the view. Took a picture of the ship from the top. Boy did my legs hurt afterwards!! Then we just walked up Duval? Street. Went to Margaritaville, had a drink and got a t-shirt. Went to Sloppy Joes got another drink (Hee Hee), and some Nachos. Very good, but spicy!

Asked a store clerk where the best place to get key lime pie was, and he said the "Banana Giraffe" ( at least I think that was the name) So we tracked that down and had a wonderfull piece of pie. Did lots of shopping, went into lots of art stores. Oh yah, we docked right downtown, so we did not have to trollie in!! Was very nice.

Sorry more later, it's time to go home. Gina

Just back from Glory, Western Itenerary.

Hi Gina!

I was on the Glory at the same time you were! I'm the person everyone was getting tired of seeing on the welcome aboard video! I really enjoyed most of the entertainment and loved playing trivia (that was me running around with all the medals!) I was happy to get home but fully intend to book another cruise #7 w/i the next 18 months!

Lois:)

Hey, I do remember you, I was actually sitting right next to you for a short time at the game show on the last sea day. You looked like you had a great time, the first night? I think when you got called up from was very funny. We had an awesome time too. Gina

I am going on the Glory Sept. 10. My sister in law is going with me and it will be her first time...Can you think of any thing we dont want to miss while on the glory? This is my 6th cruise but the first time with out my husband. Im sure we will have a good time. I thought they didnt have the chocolate Buffet any longer. I hope they have some milk chocolate this time.. I dont care for the dark. Did they have any night time deck partys? How many nights? I really enjoy that, and watching all the crazy nuts, having a good time. Maybe with my sister in law with me and not the husband I will even get up and do a little dancing !! Thanks Panda from Ohio

Archived