Over planning ???

Meggiemotu

We are on the 10 day Aug 28 cruise. I am booked solid for work travel till then so busy planning now. Feel like I am over thinking everything. Have been to FP x3 but we have never done a cruise. For the 2 days in Bora Bora we were thinking of day 1 : pure snorkeling with Reef Discovery then bicycle the island ( did this several years ago and loved it ) day 2 the Motu beach to snorkel and kayak and veg. Possible to to fit it in ? Sounds very doable but have noida how often the tenders run.

On Moorea we are thinking a rental car for the 2 days, do our own island tour and revisit some fave spots, head to Temae beach and get back to boat to do some paddle boarding.

And then the clothes. We purchased the laundry package so we don't have to pack so much but not clear about evening attire. Simple cotton maxis, flats and flips ? Will husband be too hot in cotton long sleeve - he really doesn't want to do the tommy Bahamas thing for nights

Not the back pack trip.

Any help or suggestions ...the planning and anticipation is part of the fun!

Thanks !

Does your husband have any nice short-sleeved summer shirts? Don't have to be Tommy Bahama, by any means. Checks, stripes, whatever. Or polo shirts. But if he likes none of these, he'll be fine with a long-sleeved shirt and pair of khakis.

And yes, a long summer dress should be fine for you, simple flat sandals. A silk shawl comes in handy.

As for the BB motu, not sure if I understand you, but you certainly can just veg and do a bit of snorkelling and/or kayaking (I think they bring kayaks, but not 100% sure.) Snorkelling is not great on the motu, although there are coral heads further out--just watch for the current between motus. As for the tender schedule, it used to be that the second day in Bora Bora, the ship positioned itself closer to the motu and further from the downtown dock--not sure if they still do that or not.

Does your BH have a tattoo on mom on the arm?

I wouldn't want to wear a long sleeve shirt even if it was cotton.

When you rent your car they have a place for you to park overnight that is safe so rent for 2 days straight and get the better rate.

Avis Contact on Moorea: sandrine@avispacificar.pf

Meggie

We are on the same cruise. I do not plan to bring any long sleeve shirts, just nice golf shirts and a couple of short sleeve print shirts, so tell your husband he will not be alone if he abandon's the long sleeves.

We are hoping to do Reef Discovery on the first BB day also. Have not made reservations but will start working on that soon.

See ya in 24 days - woohoo!!

Mark

Tiki Man,

I emailed Reef Discovery last nth for additional info and inquired which time is best - morn or afternoon. My experience is that mornings are always better. I don't expect to hear until tomorrow but will forward the info. We are planning on the first morning in BB as well.

Your plan doesn't sound too ambitious to me, depending on when your snorkel tour gets back. If you get back after noon time, you may want to plan to just stay ashore and get a snack along the route of your bike trip. But Day 1 BB you will have all evening to peddle back ( just don't get stuck in the dark:eek:) and the ship won't leave without you. Also be sure to check with the rental company rep when you pick up the bikes as to what to do if their attendant is off duty when you return with the bikes or have a plan to call for them to pick you up if you won't make it back before they close. Def get a phone number to call if you have a break down or want them to come get the bikes later or earlier than arranged.

As for dress, most men wear a collared shirt, TB style or a short sleeve collared golf style shirt. A few guys were in long sleeve open collared dress shirts, but not many. We also had the laundry package and loved it! Sent stuff out every morning and it was usually back before dinner, even though this not promised. The only thing long sleeve I brought was a surf shirt, raincoat and sweater!

Have a great cruise!

Very much appreciate your response. We are planning on the Reef Discovery snorkel trip which should get us back to the dock around noon. Didnt know fit it I was worth it to tender back to change, but we discussed not having the down time so we can cycle around. We have a decent light back pack that we will throw something light and dry into.

I also bring a long-sleeved shirt to use as sun protection. Usually treat it with Sunguard beforehand. Also a tight-fitting t-shirt to use snorkelling--it's really easy to get a sunburn on your back!

There are men, by the way, who wear sports jackets in the evening, so your husband will not be out of place wearing a long-sleeved shirt.

Mark - Tiki Man,

Contacted Laura at reef discovery to reserve the 8/30 morning snorkel trip. They require. 50% deposit that can be done via a secure link ( pretty simple ). Takes about 24 hours to get a response but oh so nice ! Max is 8 people on the boat. Don't know how many boats they have. She mentioned its whale season as well ;-)

I believe we are on the same flight on the 27th with night at IC - but we did the hotel on our own. Let me know if you reserve. We could end up with a boat of experienced snorkelers / divers ! Meg

Meg

Just got back. Before we went I had similar concern about clothes. We also got laundry package and I found it great. When you get the bag out by 9:00 AM , it usually comes back by 6:00PM same day. Read the laundry sheet well, so you don't mark things for pressing only, which is the first column, as it happened to me at first :-). My husband wore khakis, long sleeve cotton shirt or short sleeved polo shirts for dinner, with flip flops or sandals and it worked fine.

Archived