Breakaway 9916 Pictorial Review

Nalagh

My mother, father, husband and I booked the Breakaway with great expectations. We stayed at the Ink 48 the night prior to embarkation. I booked a suite overlooking the pier. We woke up to.....

HPIM7069.jpg

The wonderful hotel staff knew we were sailing on the BA, so they took us to the rooftop suite so we could get this.....

HPIM7083.jpg

The four of us were booked in 9916 and I was also booked in 9914 the connecting B4 balcony. Both reservations were in my name. Haven privileges were had by all.

9916 is an S6 Aft facing Penthouse Suite. The cabin has 2 bathrooms, two showers, a separate bedroom(with a door), a couch that folds into a bed, 2 televisions, a dining table and 4 chairs, a lavazza machine, and a balcony one may be hard pressed to abandon. The balcony alone is 409 SQ ft!

HPIM7130.jpg

I was not pleased with the boarding process at the port as I felt we were herded onto the ship by the port staff. We were taken to the Haven and introduced to our Concierge, Ryan Rabe. They served us complimentary rum punch, sliders and french fries.

HPIM7131.jpg

The Haven couldn't hold me for long though as I wanted to see my cabins! I think someone may have tipped off the butler that I always sneak to the cabin before the announcement because a butler followed me...

I had used NCL's pre-concierge service. Among my requests were: A feather free cabin, and emptied refrigerator, a bar set-up, mixers in the emptied fridge, a bucket of blue moon, pillow menu choices, extra shampoo and conditioner (I have really long hair), and extra towels. Our butler Jose, had perfectly accommodated these requests!

HPIM7087.jpg

HPIM7086.jpg

Our platinum envelopes were in our cabin upon arrival with our pins. :D

Everything ordered pre-cruise trickled in and prior to sailaway we had it all.

Our very first visitor to our suite was none other than Ben Bendyman and his Butler!

HPIM7139.jpg

HPIM7140.jpg

I had used NCL's pre-concierge service. Among my requests were: A feather free cabin, and emptied refrigerator, a bar set-up, mixers in the emptied fridge, a bucket of blue moon, pillow menu choices, extra shampoo and conditioner (I have really long hair), and extra towels. Our butler Jose, had perfectly accommodated these requests!

HPIM7087.jpg

HPIM7086.jpg

Hi Cherie~When you mentioned feather-free room this cruise, I thought back to the Bermuda trip that ended up going to the Bahamas, private island and Canaveral due to weather and you came to the M&G wish red eyes because of the feather pillows in your room...:eek::) We were on the Sept 1st cruise this year.. Looks like you have a good time this trip..

Linda :)

We all had keycards for 9916, and we has a card to unlock 9914 that was just a key. The key was issued on the ship for 9914.

Thanks...so, as I understand it, all guests were actually on the suite booking.

Sorry to side track, but I am trying to verify that, with 4 in the suite, if we book 2 more in the adjoining cabin... how the Haven access works for them, if it indeed does.

Thanks for the review; that is our next cabin on the BkA.

Edited by computerworks

Thanks...so, as I understand it, all guests were actually on the suite booking.

Sorry to side track, but I am trying to verify that, with 4 in the suite, if we book 2 more in the adjoining cabin... how the Haven access works for them, if it indeed does.

Thanks for the review; that is our next cabin on the BkA.

Ron, because we did not exceed the room capacity I was allowed to book the second cabin in my name. I wanted 2 real beds and the idea of 3 showers enticed it along. The DOS is beautiful, but did not compare to the phenomenal set-up we had imho.