Our DIY Cruise Wedding Passport Invites (Pic Heavy)!!

I'm so excited to show you all our DIY passport invites for our cruise wedding! They finally went in the mail last weekend, and our guests LOVE them! We bought the template from Vanessa's Destination Weddings (you can find her contact info here: http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/vanessas-diy-destination-wedding-passport-invites-038-rsvp-boarding-passes#axzz2hdPSpurY

We really couldn't be happier with how they turned out. It was a lot of work- all said and done probably 50-60 hours, but we are so proud that we did them ourselves and saved hundreds of dollars too.

ry%3D400

Completed Invites ready to mail!

We used the template but it was designed for a land based DW. We had to re-do everything for a cruise:

ry%3D400

The invite page (sorry it's upside down!)

ry%3D400

Welcome Aboard page

ry%3D400

Info about the ports

ry%3D400

Activities & Group Activities

ry%3D400

Twinkle helping us put the address labels on the envelopes. :)

ry%3D400

The RSVP is also a postcard, which saved on postage! It's perforated so guests can tear off the reminder to keep. The QR code leads people directly to our wedding website.

ry%3D400

Back of the RSVP

There you have it. If anyone has any questions just let me know! :)

These look great!! How much did you purchase the template for? I contacted Vanessa, but haven't heard back yet. Do you know if anyone has any that are available for cruises that are able to share?

We are in a rush to get ours done and we need most of the information as yours has.

Email me at mikeandjennyswedding@yahoo.com.

These look great!! How much did you purchase the template for? I contacted Vanessa, but haven't heard back yet. Do you know if anyone has any that are available for cruises that are able to share?

We are in a rush to get ours done and we need most of the information as yours has.

Email me at mikeandjennyswedding@yahoo.com.

She took a couple of days to get back to me too- the template was $15 and we spent about $150 more on the paper and materials.

I can't share the template since I promised them I wouldn't, but if Vanessa says its okay I can send it to her and she can sell it to you. Just let me know. :)

awesome, aaaaaawesome job, they look fantastic! i did a similar thing too -- i went the ticket route, but turned it into a booklet. my RSVP were luggage tags. i like that you combined the tickets and passport. i initially made both, and my passport kicked aaaaass, should've done what you did. shoulda woulda coulda. :) :) :)

Tinkerbell_82, can you let me know what your email is? Vanessa sent me an email with the instructions on how to send. Or email me at mikeandjennyswedding@yahoo.com.

Just sent you an email. It will be a couple of hours though- the templates are on my home PC and I don't get home from work until 7p ET or so. :)

• 3 months later...
These look awesome, I just email Vanessa to hopefully get your template from her. I plan to do something similar. Did you print at home or have your printing done elsewhere? What about all of the cutting?

Thanks!

We're very lucky- my fiances work has a print shop that did them for 5 cents a page. :) Unless you have a super awesome home printer I would highly recommend getting them printed professionally. We got them cut at staples for a few dollars, and we assembled and did the corner rounding ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you so much for sharing these they are lovely!!! I know me and my Fiancé plan to do invites just like these I love the final product! My only question is how much did they cost to ship to family and friends?

I'm not great with computers or very patient, so I ordered these from zazzle. I love them, and they weren't horribly expensive for the quality and all of the photos I was able to add.

I ordered the RSVPs and wrap around return address labels from another vendor, and they are almost a perfect match. The photo stamps really finish it all off, I think :D

Enjoy!

image.jpg.2dec578596bef067c10643fda3fec585.jpg