Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Review with tons of photos

lovestocruise19

Today I did laundry, vacuumed and went grocery shopping. What happened to my room steward, Marlon? Where's my mocha chocolate getaway? Was it really just yesterday morning that I debarked the Carnival Conquest in Miami? Sadly, yes. DH and I had a great cruise (is there anything other than a great cruise?). This is my very lengthy, very picture heavy review. Questions are welcome!

We flew from NH to Orlando and then rented a car and drove to Miami to save money. Well, I thought it would save money, but DH proved that it most likely didn't between the rental car price, SunPass tolls and gas. Oh, well, it was an adventure nonetheless.

The day started off quite slippery as it was freezing rain in NH. Luckily, after de-icing the plane, we took off with no problems.

The drive lasted about 4 hours since we stopped three times.

We stopped at a Publix in Miami to get some frozen dinners and a 6-pack of water for the cruise. We then dropped the rental car off at the Miami Rental Car Center right next to the airport. We were going to take the People Mover into the airport and then take the free shuttle to our hotel, Element Hotel, but we spotted a cab outside and just wanted to get to the hotel after the long day of traveling. The hotel was super close and the taxi fare was only a little more than $6.

The TV swiveled so you could watch it from both the couch and bed.

482534_10152198554849721_144654922_n.jpg

1528602_10152198555039721_2082663023_n.jpg

942494_10152198555099721_2040924020_n.jpg

Element Hotel Miami was very nice for the price. I believe we paid approx. $130 for the night. In the morning, they called a taxi for us and the taxi was there within minutes. The hotel offers a shuttle for $12 pp, but the shuttle they had left when we checked in was for 11 a.m. and we like to get to the port early, which is why we decided to get a taxi. The taxi price was about $25 without tip. We left a little before 9:30 a.m. and were at the port by a little after 9:50 a.m.

The porter stapled out Carnival luggage tags on for extra strength (we had taped them), which I thought was very nice. It took us a few minutes to get through security because there was a line. DH got sent to the "naughty" table because he had our 6 pack of water in his backpack. They had to shake it to make sure it wasn't vodka.

The terminal we were in was G I believe (the one closest to the turning basin), which isn't owned by Carnival so we had to wait in white plastic chairs. They had the A/C and fans blasting, so I actually put my sweatshirt on because it was quite chilly! We had Zone 2. Zone 2 was called a couple minutes before noon.

The people from San Diego we talked to in the terminal took a couple pictures of DH and I as we got on the ship.

1604563_10152198568344721_1820602348_n.jpg

1508052_10152198568554721_112574238_n.jpg

We then went straight up to Lido deck where DH got a Guy's burger and I got a turkey sandwich from the deli. Excuse the half eaten burger, DH was chowing down before I got a picture of it!

1531981_10152198568724721_1428152147_n.jpg

1010053_10152198568959721_1500501241_n.jpg

1518131_10152198568979721_1590624929_n.jpg

1554508_10152198569284721_1165261114_n.jpg

Enjoying the photos so far! Keep 'em coming! We are sailing the Conquest in 34 days :)

You'll love her! The only disappointment in this ship is that although she has the deck space for it, she doesn't have the comfy wicker serenity chairs, couches and hammocks in which to make a Serenity area. A little disappointing, for sure, but not a deal breaker. They did have the normal blue loungers up there.

Thanks for the review! I am on the Conquest's western on Feb 23rd!! Any chance you kept the Fun Times? It would be cool to get a heads up on the activities, but if not no worries. Looking forward to the rest of the review!

Yup! I kept all the Fun Times. I will take pictures of them and post them at the end of my review. My review might take me a little while to do (since I have to go back to work tomorrow-yuck!), but I promise to be finished before you leave! ;)

So sorry you have had to come home from your cruise but happy tobe reading your review as I love your trips and all the pics.

We will be on the Conquest for the first time in October and these reviews are what is keeping my mind off other things.

Waiting patiently for next posting

Thanks for sharing

So sorry you have had to come home from your cruise but happy tobe reading your review as I love your trips and all the pics.

We will be on the Conquest for the first time in October and these reviews are what is keeping my mind off other things.

Waiting patiently for next posting

Thanks for sharing

No problem! I love doing the reviews as it helps me relive it. :D