Craft Markets in Aruba.

pauleydm

I will be going to Aruba in October. Are there craft markets in Aruba that sell items made by local artists? Wood carvings, sculptures and original artwork. I am not looking for items made in other countries and shipped and sold in typical tourist souvenir shops. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated:)

We vacation in Aruba each Feb. and we haven't been able to find a lot of locally made crafts. There is a flea market on the waterfront. Most of the things sold there can be found anywhere, but we did find a booth there that has some local photography and paintings. On the weekends, there is a flea market set up in the parking lot near Certified grocery. Also, most everything there is imported, but we found a booth that had some local wood carvings two weeks ago. At night, there are vendors set up along Palm Beach. We found a few locally made crafts at several booths near Senior Frogs. That's all I know of.

When I was last in Aruba I sought out an artform called MopaMopa Art. It is a wood carving made in Aruba that has pieces of a colorful resin stretched across it. I actually found a pretty wall plaque in the cruise ship terminal shops. This next visit I hope to make it to the store in the Royal Plaza Mall, but I'm not sure of where that is.:confused: We have a full day of tours planned, but we are there until 10 PM, so I hope they are open a little later in the day.

This next visit I hope to make it to the store in the Royal Plaza Mall, but I'm not sure of where that is.:confused:
You cannot miss Royal Plaza Mall. It is located right on LG Smith Blvd across the street from Dunkin Donuts and the souvenir stands.

You cannot miss Royal Plaza Mall. It is located right on LG Smith Blvd across the street from Dunkin Donuts and the souvenir stands.

Thanks! I saw where the stores are open until 6 PM in most places and we are supposed to be dropped off at the ship by 5 PM, so I am hoping to make it over there before getting back on the ship.:)

• 3 weeks later...