Britannia Dress Codes

Bevr88

Hi

Does anybody know what dress codes Britannia is going to adopt?

In other words is she going to have evening casual, smart - jacket required and black tie nights, and if so how many of each?

Thanks

Just read the new brochure and it says that it only has 2 dress codes. Formal and casual. It also says that Azura has this dress code, not sure if that will apply for 2014 or start in 2015. Hubby was pleased because he doesn't mind the formal but not a lover of the smart casual.:)

In the 2015/16 brochure on the P&O site it has Adonia, Arcadia, Aurora and Oriana with 3 dress codes and Azura, Britannia, Oceana and Ventura with 2.

So Britannia is not being aimed at the traditionalist cruisers.

Details are given on page 227 of the new brochure. Britannia, Ventura, Oceana and Azura will have only 2 codes, Evening Casual and Black Tie - usually 10 casual and 4 Black Tie in a two week cruise. Aurora plus the adults only ships Arcadia, Oriana and Adonia will have 3 codes, with Smart - Jacket required replacing some of the Evening Casual. This appears to apply to all cruises.

Edited by Denarius

In the 2015/16 brochure on the P&O site it has Adonia, Arcadia, Aurora and Oriana with 3 dress codes and Azura, Britannia, Oceana and Ventura with 2.

So Britannia is not being aimed at the traditionalist cruisers.

... and neither in future is Azura.

So just wear a jacket on smart casual nights! No ones going to throw you out for being too smart! if your style is jacket and tie (I.e. I assume that that is what you refer to as a traditional cruiser ) then go with it on the smart casual nights! You should not feel out of place with those who are looking smart without jackets.

I love the whole rigmarole of dressing up a bit to go out for the evening but many perfectly respectable decent and interesting people want a more casual atmosphere for their holidays , not to mention the problems with fly cruises and the limitations in the luggage space for a range of jackets. Why gripe about them expressing their style as long as they are 'smart' casual and not just plain scruffy.

As long as P&O keep a decent number of formal nights and maintain reasonable smart casual standards for the others I will be happy.

So just wear a jacket on smart casual nights! No ones going to throw you out for being too smart! if your style is jacket and tie (I.e. I assume that that is what you refer to as a traditional cruiser ) then go with it on the smart casual nights! You should not feel out of place with those who are looking smart without jackets.

I love the whole rigmarole of dressing up a bit to go out for the evening but many perfectly respectable decent and interesting people want a more casual atmosphere for their holidays , not to mention the problems with fly cruises and the limitations in the luggage space for a range of jackets. Why gripe about them expressing their style as long as they are 'smart' casual and not just plain scruffy.

As long as P&O keep a decent number of formal nights and maintain reasonable smart casual standards for the others I will be happy.

Not fretting, celebrating! I do not "do" jackets on cruises other than (reluctantly) dinner jackets, so my choice of P&O ships has been restricted to Ventura and Oceana - P&Os loss has Celebrity and Star Clippers gain. To me jackets and ties were work wear, in my own time I have always preferred to dress casually. Now I will have 4 P&O ships to choose from.

Edited by Denarius