Mille dry dock?

vickykay

does anyone know exactly when the Mille goes in for dry dock? I had read previously that it was scheduled for around November. I was interested in possibly changing our Feb cruise on the Mille to the march 19th - however, when I went to the Celebrity web site and hit that date and sailing the message that came up was "no sailings are available at this time" - has anyone else encountered this? Thanks. Vicky

does anyone know exactly when the Mille goes in for dry dock? I had read previously that it was scheduled for around November. I was interested in possibly changing our Feb cruise on the Mille to the march 19th - however, when I went to the Celebrity web site and hit that date and sailing the message that came up was "no sailings are available at this time" - has anyone else encountered this? Thanks. Vicky

Hi Vicky !

I noticed the same thing you did. Both the 3/19 & 3/26 Millennium sailings look to be unavailable at the moment. I dont think Millennium is going into drydock at that time, but... the upcoming Century Drydock might have something to do with this.

As of right now, Century is going into long Drydock on 4/15/06. Century also has a few sailings that are not being sold at the moment (3/18, 3/27 & 4/6). It does NOT mean they wont open up again. It simply means that Celebrity does not wish to sell any more cabins right now.

Perhaps Celebrity is thinking (and remember this is STRICTLY a guess), that if Century's schedule is going to change, then it may affect Millennium, as they are both based out of Ft Lauderdale. It is possible, they want to keep some Millennium cabins open for those who could potentially be bumped off Century, should they choose to put Century into drydock sooner than planned.

The other possibility is, perhaps they will let Millennium do a few longer Caribbean sailings to cover for Century while she is in drydock. Personally, I hope this happens, as it would be great to sail on Millennium for something longer than the 7 night sailings she currently does. As I said, this is pure speculation, but it is fun to think ahead, and see what actually happens.

I do think this will become clear, once Celebrity decides just how much time they need for the Century renovations. It is not in Celebrity's best interest to keep so many sailing dates open, so I am guessing it will clear up sooner, rather than later. I hope this gives you a little more information. Stay Tuned !

The Millie is going into drydock Nov. 6 through the 18th of this year in Europe. We were scheduled on a back to back Oct. 25 med and Nov. 6 trans, when Celebrity pulled the ship for drydock. We had to cancel our Med cruise because of the 12 days they put between the two cruises.

Those March cruises you mentioned are still listed on their website - they could be sold out - at least until inventory is turned back in or final payments are due.

The Millie is going into drydock Nov. 6 through the 18th of this year in Europe. We were scheduled on a back to back Oct. 25 med and Nov. 6 trans, when Celebrity pulled the ship for drydock. We had to cancel our Med cruise because of the 12 days they put between the two cruises.

Those March cruises you mentioned are still listed on their website - they could be sold out - at least until inventory is turned back in or final payments are due.

Hi Hajekfam !

Sorry to hear you had to cancel your Med Sailing. That must have been a disappointment.

As for Millennium and Century being sold out for ALL of those sailings ? I would say VERY unlikely. Also, I think if it were actually sold out, it would say something like that.

Perhaps Rick (Chessbriar) .... if he reads this, can add some further information to this situation. But, I do feel these sailings are simply on hold right now.

Rick, can you help us out :) ?

We added the 2 day cruise to nowhere - sorry consolation prize to our trans. We have been watching cabins on that as prices skyrocketed, then fell drastically as cabins stayed available, then skyrocketed again as cabins disappeared until only one category remained. Then for a day or so, it said sold out for all categories. When you pull up that cruise today you can see the itinerary, but no ability to reserve, just like those March cruises look on Celeb's website.

Archived