Lodging & Parking, Galveston TX.

I will be sailing out of Galveston January 11, 2015 on Royal Caribbean's Navigator. It has been several years since I have sailed out of Galveston and would like some guidance. I will be driving from Oklahoma on interstate 45 The day before. A couple of places I have checked on in Galveston are already booked. I am not opposed to staying in the Houston area or even a little north maybe Huntsville or Conroe. I also need information on parking at the port. I wouldn't mind a park and stay situation in Galveston if I can find one under $200. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Bunches!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There should be a good selection of hotels in Galveston for under $200 at that time. Some will have free parking and/or a shuttle. We're going in a couple of weeks and are staying in Texas City. It's about a 20 minute drive to Galveston from there. We're parking at Galveston Park 'N Cruise across from the port (outside: $55/wk, inside: $65/wk). EZ Cruise is a little cheaper, but we have a brand new car and want indoor parking. You can usually get a promo code for EZ Cruise.

Edited by mkmom514

I will be sailing out of Galveston January 11, 2015 on Royal Caribbean's Navigator. It has been several years since I have sailed out of Galveston and would like some guidance. I will be driving from Oklahoma on interstate 45 The day before. A couple of places I have checked on in Galveston are already booked. I am not opposed to staying in the Houston area or even a little north maybe Huntsville or Conroe. I also need information on parking at the port. I wouldn't mind a park and stay situation in Galveston if I can find one under $200. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Bunches!!

Hotel prices in Galveston have skyrocketed over the last year. We stayed out at Texas City the last time we sailed from Galveston - Country Inn and Suites, I think. It was about $125/night. It was just before the causeway over to the island, so it was only about a 30 minute drive in the next morning. We use EZ Cruise parking; they shuttle you and luggage to and from the terminal - no hassle. Their properties are fenced and protected with cameras and patrols. Never had a problem!

Have fun!

If you decide to use a parking service, I suggest EZ Cruise.

I left my wallet in the van. Drove north two hours before I realized it. I called them and the driver already had reported it and turned it over to the owner. Two hours later, the owner meets me & returns me my wallet.

He's had my bsusiness ever since.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

We stayed at courtyard Galveston Gulf front in Dec for our Disney cruise and it was really nice. The price was good as far as I remember. We used lighthouse parking which has covered spots and they were great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stay at the Hilton. Offer free parking and free shuttles.

Some dates are blacked out as two night minimum, but they will override this if you call the hotel direct and book over the phone if you mention you are cruising.

Edited by Spurschick

That sounds really good. We are thinking about staying in Texas City. Thank you all for your information. There is a group of about 30 of us, all so it's nice to be able to give them some different options. You know, "different strokes for different folks," kind of thing. I am the biggest researcher of the group so your help is greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk