Siglo's greatest hits

Emdee

I thought I would ask the current band to play some of the songs when we are on the repeaters cruise.

I will ask them to play Africa when leaving Motu Mahana.

Any suggestions?

I hate that song!!! Such a good band individually with such mediocre songs! However I will sing along with you! How about "Paranoid"

That's from looking over my shoulder here on cruise critic

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by twin123185

I'd like to request 'In the Mood' please, in honor of my parents' 60th anniversary next week! And 'Lady Marmalade' is always a good one. I love that someone referred to Siglo as a veritable jukebox in a review! :D

I'm sorry to read that Michael Shapiro won't be on the repeaters cruise, we sailed with him during his first year on the PG, in 1998. Sailed a few years later and he remembered us! A fantastic guy!

I'd like to request 'In the Mood' please, in honor of my parents' 60th anniversary next week! And 'Lady Marmalade' is always a good one. I love that someone referred to Siglo as a veritable jukebox in a review! :D

I'm sorry to read that Michael Shapiro won't be on the repeaters cruise, we sailed with him during his first year on the PG, in 1998. Sailed a few years later and he remembered us! A fantastic guy!

Are you with us on the repeaters? It will be an honour to sail with an original alumni! I too am really sorry about Michael. For some reason, PG won't change their stance on this. At one point it was going full but I think there is a cabin or two available now.

How about "Come Sail Away" by Styx ? Cant wait for this cruise. 9 weeks to go. We look forward to meeting y'all and especially seeing some great people we met from past PG cruises. Not to forget the AMAZING crew who warmly welcome us back each time.

Sailing by Rod Stewart is great or a very appropriate song is by Crosby, Stills and Nash - Southern Cross.

It mentions by name Papeete and the Marquesas - played it all the time on my 2 trips to the Marquesas. Got the band on Princess to play this heading there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Carduchi,

Did you get my email on the tours?

Miriam

Yes Miriam,

I got it quite awhile ago unless you sent another one. We are booked for Fakarava, Rangiroa & Huahine. Oh and also Tetiaroa. Correct?

Thanks

Brenda

Yes Miriam,

I got it quite awhile ago unless you sent another one. We are booked for Fakarava, Rangiroa & Huahine. Oh and also Tetiaroa. Correct?

Thanks

Brenda

Sorry. You are correct. I confused you with Maxine and Dave.

• 1 month later...
Are you with us on the repeaters? It will be an honour to sail with an original alumni! I too am really sorry about Michael. For some reason, PG won't change their stance on this. At one point it was going full but I think there is a cabin or two available now.

Emdee, my thoughts will certainly be in French Polynesia this month, as always! Unfortunately, I'll be waving to you from the pier (along with Michael!). :( Enjoy the 'greatest hits' of Siglo...I'll have my CD playing! Wishing you and the group a wonderful cruise! Bon Voyage!

Emdee, my thoughts will certainly be in French Polynesia this month, as always! Unfortunately, I'll be waving to you from the pier (along with Michael!). :( Enjoy the 'greatest hits' of Siglo...I'll have my CD playing! Wishing you and the group a wonderful cruise! Bon Voyage!

So sorry to hear you cannot be with us. Maybe another time. I too have the Siglo CD and enjoy it from time to time. Maybe like Gabelle I will travel on the Marina to hear them!

Michael seems to have had a wonderful time in the far east but he will definitely be missed.

Somehow I never got that CD--whether it was just laziness, or what.

As much as I like them, if I never hear them playing Bohemian Rhapsody again, it will be too soon.

The one tune I remember vividly is kind of obscure, a disco classic, by Alicia Keys, "I Love the Night Life", played as the ship pulled away from the dock in Papeete on our first trip. I tear up whenever I hear this.