Live from the PG the Prequel

Emdee

A bunch of us left various points in the US and Canada in the last few days using a couple of different routes.

Twin and ourselves came to Tahiti via Hawaii. We actually made it here via Newark and Honolulu with two stops en route. Quite a journey.

A few of us met at the infinity pool yesterday. It was a gorgeous Tahiti day. Sunny blue sky though a bit windy. Huge showers in the evening.

At 4 am , we are still on Toronto time, we awoke to a gorgeous full moon. Then was amazed to find a shoal of fish just by our dock.

Today Gabelle and myself are taking Patrick 's famous safari. There is to be a get together this evening ...happy hour at the bar.

More later......

Miriam

At 4 am , we are still on Toronto time, we awoke to a gorgeous full moon. Then was amazed to find a shoal of fish just by our dock.

Miriam

Welcome to paradise, Miriam! Sounds like it's off to a wonderful start! And lucky you- the Harvest Moon/Supermoon will be in the sky tonight (9:38 p.m. EDT)! Enjoy! http://news.discovery.com/space/astronomy/harvest-full-moon-rises-tonight-in-supermoon-finale-140908.htm.

Subscribing! I had this cruise booked (620- who is in "my" cabin I wonder?) and then changed plans to go to Eastern Europe because we could not possibly have been ready to go to FP in the last day or two. We had one to return to college and one starting a very busy Senior year of HS. I've barely unpacked from my stay at our summer residence. I'm hyperventilating about packing for a trip that leaves in 2 weeks- I could never have made it, but now that you are there, I have a twinge of regret! I want to be sitting on my rock in the infinity pool meeting you all in person. ;)

Have a wonderful cruise - looking forward to your reports, lots of photos and "the unvarnished truth";)

Edited by Familygoboston

I went for the GTG for a few minutes to say hi to all. It looked like a a fun bunch of folks having drinks. Twin, Loungelizard, Dunner, the dee , Carduchi, Danice to name a few were there. We left really soon to get ready for dinner.

We were exhausted after a nail biting tour of Tahiti Nui with Patrick. The papenoo valley is gorgeous. So unspoilt you think you are in another world. Waterfalls thunder down the hillside and the sound of running water , rivers and dams are everywhere. The tops of steep peaks peeked out of clouds now and then. Gabelle and my DD got whacked by some monster leaves.

Quite a heart in the mouth experience.

Welcome to paradise, Miriam! Sounds like it's off to a wonderful start! And lucky you- the Harvest Moon/Supermoon will be in the sky tonight (9:38 p.m. EDT)! Enjoy! http://news.discovery.com/space/astronomy/harvest-full-moon-rises-tonight-in-supermoon-finale-140908.htm.

Thanks so much.

I have come to believe more than ever that Paradise is a state of mind.

Subscribing! I had this cruise booked (620- who is in "my" cabin I wonder?) and then changed plans to go to Eastern Europe because we could not possibly have been ready to go to FP in the last day or two. We had one to return to college and one starting a very busy Senior year of HS. I've barely unpacked from my stay at our summer residence. I'm hyperventilating about packing for a trip that leaves in 2 weeks- I could never have made it, but now that you are there, I have a twinge of regret! I want to be sitting on my rock in the infinity pool meeting you all in person. ;)

Have a wonderful cruise - looking forward to your reports, lots of photos and "the unvarnished truth";)

Thanks family.

You will get it like it is, from me.

I was worried that this was going to be a depressing day...stuck here teaching computer classes while everyone is sailing away on the PG. Turns out I am really excited for you all and cannot wait to hear about all your activities!

YAY!

We are so excited that my BW tells me that what she wants for our anniversary next week is a reservation on the PG for next summer. Funny...that is what I want TOO! I KNOW we are already booked on the TM for August, but we just CAN'T go two years without a trip on the ms Paul Gauguin!

Bon Voyage everyone!:)

I was worried that this was going to be a depressing day...stuck here teaching computer classes while everyone is sailing away on the PG. Turns out I am really excited for you all and cannot wait to hear about all your activities!

YAY!

We are so excited that my BW tells me that what she wants for our anniversary next week is a reservation on the PG for next summer. Funny...that is what I want TOO! I KNOW we are already booked on the TM for August, but we just CAN'T go two years without a trip on the ms Paul Gauguin!

Bon Voyage everyone!:)

Motu,

I waived and waived and waived but no sign of you. Unless you were perched on the white cloud!

Yesterday some of us on this cruise took a catamaran to Tetiaroa. After a small breakfast of donuts, baguette and bananas we set off with high expectations.

The journey there was beautiful if a little rough and some of us landed there a little worse for wear. Since there is no pass we were brought two by two onto the island in a zodiac.

The walk around to the bird island was strenuous the ground littered with huge shards of broken coral. After a third of the way I gave up and decided to do what I love best , wallow in the lovely water. The area had a lot of coral in its early stages rings and rings of it. I had to make sure the current didn't take me straight into these rings. A lovely peaceful couple of hours just the two of us in an awesome lagoon.

Others seemed ho have enjoyed the visit to bird island and the crystal clear water of the lagoon. Unfortunately the old reef was really hard to walk over and thank heavens for those reef shoes.

Lunch was poisson cru, tuna with rice and rice. Dessert was banana. I think I had a premonition here as I carried my own sandwich being allergic to tuna.

After lunch some us lay in the shallow lagoon. Others chatted and fed the fish.

The journey back started off with a drive by of the Brando. All we could see were the beach bungalows and lovely sand. I guess it must be lovely with that lovely price. Local intelligence has told us that staff there are unhappy due to the isolation.

Next was a highlight for some of us a close encounter with 3 whales. They were really playful flipped and showed tail all incredibly close. In fact scaringly close when one of them decided to swim beneath the two sides of the catamaran. What I really enjoyed was their friendly nature. It seemed that they were performing and playing with us. I was happy for Carduchi and Danice as they both really wanted to see the whales and considered it a highlight.

The return journey was horrendous. After a beautiful sunny day the rain gods decided to have their revenge. It poured, monsoon like, for about an hour. All those who were outside were absolutely soaked. Some us huddled together inside chatting. Finally we reached the dock. Since we felt like drowned rats my family abandoned the plan to visit the roulottes and jumped into a cab to return back.

I never expected to get that close to the whales. It was spectacular. They really put on a show for us. It was the highlight of the trip for me. Yes as Miriam says we came back soaking wet from the rain. A nice hot shower, some food, a good restful sleep and we are ready to go again. Can't wait to see all the familiar faces on board the Paul Gauguin.

A number of us repeaters are staying in the Tahiti intercontinental.

It is much improved from memory lane.

Lunch in 2003 was a buffet covered with flies. The food is much improved in taste and presentation. 4 stars in quality and 5 for service.

The service is excellent both in the restaurant and at reception. The concierge calls daily to find out whether they can do anything for us. Yesterday we asked for each towels in our room and although we took the transport back two minutes later we found them waiting for us in our room. Even some minor issue with the AC was fixed very fast. 5 stars on service.

The spa massage was excellent but it would be nice if they covered you with the usual sheet or blanket and the facility could be updated a bit. Needs a more luxurious spa type feel.

The gardens well manicured as usual.

The gym has newer equipment.

There is to be a new lobby bar . Hopefully they will have a deli type operation selling light snacks.

The renovation plans are up and the drawings look modern and fresh.

Yes the IC has improved over the years - Since my first time in 2005. Food and service much much better now. The improvements should be nice - especially the new Motu bungalows. I also had an A/C issue that was immediately tended to. Ambassador status and repeat customers are treated very well here but so are first timers. I sure we will back back again.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app