Queens Grill Guarantee

reilly1

I have just (about an hour ago) upgraded from a P2 to a Guarantee Q6 for £100 per person on a 3 night cruise. My Voyage Personaliser is still showing the original stateroom 5001 and so are my e-tickets. Does anyone know when we will be allocated a room number and are all the Queens Grill perks available on the mini cruises?

Thanks.

I have just (about an hour ago) upgraded from a P2 to a Guarantee Q6 for £100 per person on a 3 night cruise. My Voyage Personaliser is still showing the original stateroom 5001 and so are my e-tickets. Does anyone know when we will be allocated a room number and are all the Queens Grill perks available on the mini cruises?

Thanks.

24hours for voyage personaliser to be upgraded

As mentioned above, 24hr for the VP to catch up.

Yes, all QG perks will be the same - 1 bottle of spirits pp (or wine as an alternative), champagne in cabin on arrival (occasionally there'll also be a Pol Acker too), butler serving canapes late afternoon.

The only difficulty may be ordering off menu, eg. crepe suzette and other dishes. The first night (unless on a world cruise) is the normal menu (no a la carte) as is the last night, so the middle night really is the only one for off menu orders and a la carte choices. However, if you do mention it to the Maitre d' at lunchtime on embarkation day that you would like something specific, they may be able to do something for you. They will let you know if it's possible or not, don't be afraid to ask.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Lynnewob

Thanks for answers. We are seasoned cruisers, but this is our first time on Cunard - normally Celebrity. We usually cruise aqua class with them, so this is our first time in a suite as well. Really looking forward to it. I am sure the Queens Grill normal menu will be fine and we can order a la carte on the middle night.

How do we let them know our beverage preferences? Do we need to phone beforehand, or will butler take orders onboard?

Cabin assignment can be very late, sometimes very close to boarding or even at the desk. You might get a Q6 or indeed anything else all the way up to a Q1. Been there, done that.

QG is a good step up from aqua class. It is comparable with RS or PH. The food is much better than Blu, in terms of quality, presentation and service. Much more like Murano or Ocean Liners but with more variety.

The only caveat is that some folks on here reckon short cruises aren't so perfect, so I hope it's great but please don't use your experience as a complete picture of Cunard.

Thank you.

I realise that a 3 night cruise will not give us the full Cunard experience, but it fits in with school holidays and DH 60th birthday. Will a Q5 be the minimum we will get?

Edited by reilly1

You'll find on the QV the most likely allocation will be a Q4 and occasionally a Q3.

A lot of people prefer the Q6 and Q5's at the back of the ship and put do not upgrade on their bookings (me included). They have an abundance of Q4s and I personally think they feel smaller as the cabins are cut in two by the middle section where the wet bar/wardrobe/closet is. The Q6's at the back feel a lot more open and spacious.

You never know your luck, you could end up with a Q2 or Q1 - we've never been that lucky but friends of ours have been upgraded from a Cunard fare Q4 booking to a Q2 which was wonderful.

You'll have to report what your allocation is when you get it. It's usually about 2 weeks before, but as mentioned above, it can be on the day. Just keep checking your voyage personaliser.

Edited by Lynnewob

As expected on a guarantee, you have been given one of the Q4s. We have had 7099 (next door) on the QV and it was a standard Penthouse for the Vista ships with a nicely sized narrow balcony.

The room is equivalent to 2 normal balcony cabins split in the middle with a wet bar with fridge underneath and closet/drawers on the other. The TV sits in the middle area and can be swivelled to watch from the sofa or in bed (the Q3 is slightly different in that it has 2 TVs, one in the same place as the Q4 and one on the wall of the wardrobe to watch in bed).

The cabin has a nice open dressing area on the one side of the bed, but the other side of the bed, there's not much space between the bed and the window, so I always give hubby that side!

The bathroom is sectioned with a door between - one part has a separate shower and bath (opening out to the dressing area) and other part (opening out nearer the cabin door) has the sink and toilet.

It's decent distance to the lifts and is a nice deck to be on, with the company of lots of other QG's including the very nice Q2s.

Have a great trip, you will enjoy it.

Edited by Lynnewob

My wife and I have specifically booked 7097 twice -- it's a great location -- quiet, as there are only a few nearby cabins and very little corridor traffic. The cabin has a spacious veranda, great bathroom set-up, and more room than we could possibly use. I wish I was there now (instead of at work)!

My wife and I have specifically booked 7097 twice -- it's a great location -- quiet, as there are only a few nearby cabins and very little corridor traffic. The cabin has a spacious veranda, great bathroom set-up, and more room than we could possibly use. I wish I was there now (instead of at work)!

Great to know. Really excited now. Packing this Sunday as I leave straight after work on the Friday before the cruise.