Enchantment of the Seas

Any recent passengers on the newly enlarged Enchantment of the Seas? I'm going with a group of friends (line dancers from RoundUp, Fort Lauderdale) and would like to get reviews, comments, tips re: the ship.

Also if you could let me know what excursions you did and whether they were with RCL or you made arrangements on your own.

Thanks for any info. you can provide.

Betsy,

There are several threads of previous Enchantment cruisers on the boards. Here's a link to one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=210788

Regarding excursions, it might help if we knew what sailiny you were on and where you were going. The Enchantment has several different itineraries over the next several months.

Murphy: I'm going on the 10/15 5 day Western. We're stopping at Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Georgetown, Grand Caymans. I've already been to both. We did Peat Taylor tour of Jamica with Dunns River Falls and Captain Ray's snorkeling trip w/Sting Ray City.

The only excursion I consider doing in Jamaica is the "Great Houses" (plantation homes) tour. Otherwise I'll hang out at Margaritaville and on the ship. Not sure what I'd do in Grand Cayman - maybe a beach break.

Thanks for any advice.

Betsy

Boo's Mom: Thanks for the review and the time you put into your reports. You've helped quite a bit with what I can expect on the cruise.

I have only cruised with Celebrity, so curious to find out how Enchantment compares.

I have only cruised with Celebrity, so curious to find out how Enchantment compares.

They are certainly different. The biggest difference (I think) is in the dining room....and the lack of formality, even when it is not formal night. Formality in general..

The Enchantment is a very pretty ship. You'll have a great time.

I had never been on RCL before - previously with Celebrity as well, twice. Well, my expectations of the food were not high - I had heard it was not as good as X - but it was! The dining service is not as formal, and less attention from the wine steward ( we did not see one) I thought the food was wonderful- worth checking out - lunch in the dining room - The salmon trout(confusing menu - you can either you can get salmon or trout - ask your waiter) & pasta station to are to die for ( and I have an Italian DH - we are the Sunday gravy people!), the Boleros band is incredible after dinner, esp. since you are dancers - get your rhumba on, and salsa as well! Great margatias & mojitos. Just wait til you hear the trumpet player & the drummer who also sings. The Schooner bar is fun for a pre - dinner or afternoon cocktail, very relaxing piano bar. The Crown Lounge is very loud, at all times of day & night - but a great DJ - I am just under 40, with 2 small children (they did not cruise w/ us)- I only was up there once @ night - looked fun though for dancing late at night. I took a nap every day - beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Since you are dancers I would also highly reccomend booking early for the spa's pedicure - ultimate relaxation - massage chair & a knee depth foot bath & a wonderful view of sunset- my toes still look great & I get compliments 8 days later. I would not do Chops again - my Dh was sick after eating there - he had the filet, not good. I had strip - was good, but I missed lobster night. ( it was on Fri., night before sail away) If you go to Bar AHrbor - Steward's is incredible for the "Lobster Experience" & Halifax - Murphy's for the ale ( Alexander) and the mussels- Have a Wonderful Cruise! We really enjoyed it - a Beautiful Ship! -Also if you like wine - the $20 Chardonnay - La Terre is actaully very good., as are the Beringer Founder's Estate Pinot Noir & Cab - the "wine & dine" package is not a good deal though, but if you drink soda , the soda package is a good value - Have Fun!:)

Skeeter Thanks for the review of the cruise....going in Sept and cant wait. I was surprised that you didnt enjoy Chops I have read so many great things about it.....But maybe we will just go once to see how it is. Any great excersions that you would do again ??? We are going to kayakk in Maine and bike in Marthas Vineyard but dont have too many other plans. Any ideas would be welcomed Sounds like you had a fun cruise and I will hope we do too !!!

Betsy,

You'll be getting on the ship the week after I get off! We are doing the Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale repo cruise. I was on the Enchantment last year pre-stretch and am soooo excited to go post-stretch!

Since the Enchantment is not currently doing the western Caribbean route, you might want to check the port of call message board section for other suggestions on excursions. I too have been to both of your destinations and have already done Dunns River, so now just hang at Margaritaville as well! We still haven't done the StingRay City thing, maybe next time.

Bon Voyage and I"ll try to leave the ship in good order for you!

Just returned last week from our 1st cruise,and my wife and I enjoyed every minute of it. We would be up by 6:00am and having coffee on the balcony, thanks to our own coffee pot. Headed up to the Windjammer by 6:30am and enjoyed an uncrowded breakfast. The 1st morning we toured the ship and picked up some books at the library. Lunch at the Windjammer and then relaxing on the balcony for the afternoon. Supper in the dining room was very pleasant as we had a corner room away from the noise. Some people wore coats and ties the whole week in the dining room, but we dressed casual except for formal night. After supper we hurried to catch the sunset on deck 9, then off to the theater. You must get to Opheum by 8:40pm, or you may not find a seat. After that, we would hit the beds. On the days in port, we spent the whole day on our own, mostly walking, shopping and eating. Lots of things to see in Halifax. We did take the kayak excursion in Bar Harbor, and that was refreshing. Back to the ship in time for supper. As for tips, stick to the fish and cold soups. Also, you can usually find unused chairs towards the front of the ship, when the crowds are around the pool. Have fun and take sun screen.

Thanks for all the comments and input. I'm excited.

Murphy - if you get time during your cruise, drop us a quick report w/comments and suggestions - it will be MOST helpful for us.

this will be a different cruise for me. I've always cruised with just my husband and son and we're not big partiers and he doesn't dance, so didn't spend much time in the clubs or bars.

He can't make this trip as he just started a new job, so I'll be with a big group of friends and I imagine we'll be out late every night. We have some special events scheduled while on the cruise - we'll have choreographer(s) with workshops, our own band & singers for 1 of the nights, and a few other things.

Hopefully I can find someone from my group to hang out with when we get to the ports. I won't venture off the ship alone. I'd like to give 7 Mile Beach (Sea Grape Beach) a shot. Other than the dancing, this is going to be a R&R cruise for me.

I love the idea of the pedicure! That will be a real treat.

Keep the tips coming.

Betsy

Hi BetsyC..... I was on the Enchantment a few weeks ago. Here is the link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=206376

Boo's Mom ~ Great review! Thanks for sharing....I've sent your review to my two sister's who I will be on the Enchantment. Getting excited....I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. *grin*

Can you email me NancyL2648 AT gmail.com I have a few questions.

Thanks!!!!

Archived