Costa Celebration Cruise Cancelled

ronzcruise

Hi, Yes I had booked the whole package through http://www.flightsandpackages.com. This included flights from Edinburgh to Rome, 3 night hotel stay in Rome, and the cruise. Fortunately I hadn't booked insurance or transfers etc.. as I was waiting for the documentation first.

Flights&Packages offered me alternative cruises or a full refund. I've chosen a full refund and have been told 'not a problem' but it will take a couple of weeks. I don't think there should be any problem with refund as Costa haven't went bust and agent is covered by ATOL and TTA. I'm not too bothered about all this as I had only booked cruise to see Rome and Istanbul and I'm equally happy to do these on separate city break type trips. cheers. Ron.

Hi, Yes I had booked the whole package through http://www.flightsandpackages.com. This included flights from Edinburgh to Rome, 3 night hotel stay in Rome, and the cruise. Fortunately I hadn't booked insurance or transfers etc.. as I was waiting for the documentation first.

Flights&Packages offered me alternative cruises or a full refund. I've chosen a full refund and have been told 'not a problem' but it will take a couple of weeks. I don't think there should be any problem with refund as Costa haven't went bust and agent is covered by ATOL and TTA. I'm not too bothered about all this as I had only booked cruise to see Rome and Istanbul and I'm equally happy to do these on separate city break type trips. cheers. Ron.

Oh good, I'm glad to hear that you won't be too adversely affected by the cancellation. I hadn't booked my cruise yet (luckily, as I always forego insurance :p) so now I'm considering NCL western Mediterranean cruises instead. Thanks for the heads up!

From http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com

"After a drydocking to turn her from the Grand Celebration to the Costa Celebration, the ship’s winter season has been cancelled, according to the Italian company.

Costa said in a released statement to Cruise Industry News that the Celebration will no longer be part of the fleet starting on November 22.

Booked guests will be re-ticketed on other Costa ships.

2015 deployment will be taken over by the neoClassica.

The vessel is rumored to have been sold or leased elsewhere, although no cruise operator has stepped forward yet. "

From http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com

"After a drydocking to turn her from the Grand Celebration to the Costa Celebration, the ship’s winter season has been cancelled, according to the Italian company.

Costa said in a released statement to Cruise Industry News that the Celebration will no longer be part of the fleet starting on November 22.

Booked guests will be re-ticketed on other Costa ships.

2015 deployment will be taken over by the neoClassica.

The vessel is rumored to have been sold or leased elsewhere, although no cruise operator has stepped forward yet. "

I wonder who purchased or charted her.

• 2 months later...

Hi did You get a full refund back from your costa celebration cruise. As I am having problems getting a refund. I was due to travel 01/02/15 and I was only informed on the 05/01/15 by my agent that the cruise had been cancelled . Costa cruises still asked for the balance of the holiday on 03/12/15 even though they cancelled in November.