What is CocoCay?

Not sure if Coco Cay is a private RCCL beach or just a port. Is it like Labadee? Our itinerary for March 5, 2006 says Nassau but I just received a confirmation from RCCL and it says Coco Cay. Can anyone answer this question for me? Thank you!

CocoCay is:

rest

relaxation

great snorkeling

yummy BBQ

CocoLocos

the only place I've gotten my hair braided

The only place where I had to convince my DH that they would NOT let him snorkel back to the ship. And NO they wouldn't throw him a tow rope to hang onto behind the tender, either...

CocoCay is one of my favorite places in the world.

Just a tad more info: I wouldn't buy any excursions on board, such as snorkeling, because you can get that on beach and if the water is too rough you have wasted money. Also they have a very nice buffet on island for everyone( Free) and it is great to walk around to far side of island. Beautiful view. Lots of swinging hammocks all along on the back side. Great for you and a loved one to lay together and feel the breeze.

ahhhhh....the other side of the island is the BEST--especially for peace and quiet....pick a hammock close to the water and by afternoon it will be swinging over the water....it's great...

Along with PhinsAndGills, it is also my favorite place in the world!!

There's a little shopping area too, so bring some cash! The food is all free, drinks will cost you as usual (but on your seapass). You can use your soda card there as well.

CocoCay is:

rest

relaxation

great snorkeling

yummy BBQ

CocoLocos

the only place I've gotten my hair braided

The only place where I had to convince my DH that they would NOT let him snorkel back to the ship. And NO they wouldn't throw him a tow rope to hang onto behind the tender, either...

CocoCay is one of my favorite places in the world.

CocoLoco-"Sippin For The Lippin"

AH, the memories.....;)

Coco Cay is a man made paradise. It's a fun little private island. The times we have been there are some of our most enjoyable cruise days ever. It is so relaxing. There are not 100 islanders bugging you as soon as you step off the ship. It's nice to be able to use your seapass for drinks (even if they are as over priced as the ship). We usually walk around and then find a spot on the beach and rent a floating mat for me, and snorkel gear for Dave. I have snorkeled there twice now, and that is enough. He can't sit still all day, so he snorkels. There are chairs and hammoks (sp?) everywhere. Bars and bathroom are always close. There is Volleyball in the sand. We once saw a Manatee at the dock playing with the run off water from the tender boat we were on. Stingrays can usually be seen near the rock in the snorkel area. There is usually a Baracuda way out by the sunken plane.

The beach is okay, a little rough, not smooth sand in most spots. The snorkeling is pretty good, awesome for a someone who has never gone before. The food is free and typical picnic food. The cookies are usually really good.

It is a tender port, and not always made due to rough seas. If you make it be sure to get off the ship early and enjoy a day in RCCL paradise. It's a fun, pretty, RCCL made place.

Bobbie

It is indeed an island and not just a beach. No one lives on the island unless you are one of the unfortunate that was unable to tender back to the ship once and had to sleep on the lounge chairs!!

CoCoCay is a Must See & Experience :D . Be sure to wonder past the first beach, the sea life is amazing.

Dawna

It is indeed an island and not just a beach. No one lives on the island unless you are one of the unfortunate that was unable to tender back to the ship once and had to sleep on the lounge chairs!!

CoCoCay is a Must See & Experience :D . Be sure to wonder past the first beach, the sea life is amazing.

Dawna

I once was talking to a customer at work who had a Majesty of the Seas jacket on....guess what? She was on that cruise. She got the jacket because one of the crew knew she was cold and gave her the jacket off his back :) Talk about great crew!

Bobbie

Archived