A nice beach in progresso?

Riley's Mom

• 4 months later...

I'm interested as well. We had a accident recently that took a $500 chunk out of our Vacation Budget and we are in our Early 20s. We are interested to know of a cheap beach where we could spend most of our money drinking/eating if that is available?

Exit the ship. Walk through the dock stores and jump on the free bus to town. The pier is 4 miles long so you have to take the bus. Once the bus drops you off in town, just head straight down to the Malecon (road running parallel with the beach) and beach. Easy walk, pretty hard to get lost. There are plenty of restaurants both on the beach and on the Malecon to eat at. Plenty of cheap massages available too. If you want to avoid many of the vendors, and there are a lot, just head up the beach a bit or simply say no gracias. The crowd thins out as you move up the beach and so do the vendors. There are also some decent food and drink opportunities up there as well and the beach is the same. Have a great time!

Autoprogreso.com offers a beach resort and booze excursion for $35.00 per person. I cannot speak to the quality but on our last cruise several people on our ship went there and reported it was fun and a good deal. I can speak highly of Autoprogreso since I have used them several times for other excursions.

Autoprogreso.com offers a beach resort and booze excursion for $35.00 per person. I cannot speak to the quality but on our last cruise several people on our ship went there and reported it was fun and a good deal. I can speak highly of Autoprogreso since I have used them several times for other excursions.

You may be speaking about Reef Yukatan. We enjoyed the 30" bus ride well enough, the driver pointed out some interesting facts. The all-inclusive resort was very beautiful. There was a big pool and some line dancing when they could get people to get involved. The ocean and sand was great. The food and drink was bad - I can't even give you one redeeming option as we tried as many drinks as we could stomach and a sampling of all the food, it just wasn't good. Of course, this is my and my daughter's opinion. We had a really great time because we weren't being bothered by people trying to sell us stuff and we were together. But, the next time, I won't bother with the hour trip (30" each way). I will just make sure I walk much further down the beach as the vendors don't seem to be in quite as much abundance. Even if I have to rent a lounger, at least I will have access to good food and drink. I have heard mention that Lafitte's and Le St. Bonnet both have good food and drink but I have not heard anything lately or any recommendations. I would very much like to hear of a recommendation of a restaurant used recently on malecon that had good food and drink. Hope I helped a little, again, just my opinion. Happy Cruisin'!

We have done this AP tour both to the Reef CLub (which I don't think they offer any longer) and to Technotel which we are doing again this June. We had no problems with either one and for the price it's hard to beat. No vendors to bother you on these beaches.

We have done this AP tour both to the Reef CLub (which I don't think they offer any longer) and to Technotel which we are doing again this June. We had no problems with either one and for the price it's hard to beat. No vendors to bother you on these beaches.

Thank you very much! I will definitely check this option out. :)

Progreso was nice. We did the bus tour and walked to beach after . We went in 2014 ImageUploadedByForums1431149677.546438.jpg.1e1bcbc38cf9d0d8053f88fc17bd44e1.jpg we had a lot of people approach to sell stuff but they were nice. The beach was nice and pretty. It cost 10 per person to ride the Bus and take the tour. The beach was free.

ImageUploadedByForums1431149626.080520.jpg.7b1ba35e62379e655919fcbdb56143a2.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1431149647.013170.jpg.3983e789d3d13ebfcd6eb26f1d90050f.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1431149662.436062.jpg.4a66ca26e45ab45f7cf67269efea021b.jpg