Getting from Barcelona airport to hotel

moatenote

What would be the best way for a party of 4 seniors to get from the Barcelona airport to our hotel (Inglaterra) near the Plaza Catalunya?? Have you had good results with hiring a private car? Two of our group tend to have several bags---would the Aerobus be possible?

You can easily get a taxi van at the airport. It is inexpensive and quick. Alternatively take 2 taxis. For a little more you can book a shared transfer here:

http://partner.city-discovery.com/airport-shuttle/en/PID3255/barcelona/Barcelona%20City

The smartest thing to do is print out the name and address of your hotel before you leave home and keep it handy in your carryon for when your flight lands and you need to tell the driver where to take you. This way, if your driver doesn't speak English and you don't speak Spanish, the driver can read the actual address. I have also printed out the driving directions and a map for the driver. This is very helpful in making sure they don't take you out of your way as you are familiar with the route they should take.

Since you did ask about the Aerobus, I'll tell you that we have used it and it was easy, cheap, and convenient. Our hotel was also located close to Plaça Catalunya so it was perfect. There was plenty of space for luggage. It's been a few years but I don't remember there being any difficulty getting on/off the bus while lugging bags - and this was back in the day when we used to overpack...

You will not be able to beat the price - it was only a few euros per person. If all members of your group are comfortable managing their own bags, it might be your best option. It will be about half a km walking to your hotel, as Plaça Catalunya is large, and the bus stops on the far side compared to your hotel. We walked to the Hotel Pulitzer, which is a little closer.

I would do this if I were staying at your hotel.

Thanks for your responses to my question--especially the one that tells me that the Aerobus stops at the far end of the Plaza Catalunya. We think we'll try the Aerobus--can't beat the price and it won't be a long walk.