Selfie Sticks

volmoma

Does anyone know if, while on ship, Bluetooth works with airplane mode on? Thinking of getting a selfie stick, tired of asking strangers to take photos. Waiting to hear..[emoji328][emoji328][emoji328]

I just tried to use bluetooth while in airplane mode. I have an app that uses bluetooth to sync with my fitbit. It wouldn't let me do it. Said there was no connection. Don't know if it would work with a Bluetooth enabled product like a headset or not.

They can also work with the IPhone camera set on the timer. But I think that kinda defeats the purpose..you're probably still going to get that deer in the headlight look.. LOL

Edited by volmoma

Many of them connect via bluetooth to take the picture with the button on the handle of the stick.

Ah, hadn't thought of that. Just saw a selfie stick for the first time last week in Bonaire. Some girl lying on a bed at the beach taking pictures of herself. One of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

After nearly being injured repeatedly by those darn things and the people using them on a recent trip, be careful and considerate if you do get one.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

It's like the 'umbrella' of the camera world. Need to be aware of your surroundings.

The sticks are great for those with short arms.

OR photos that include both people in them and not trusting GOOF BALLS, that you don't know, to take a decent pic. It goes back to one person in the group always being left out. It's not always a SELFIE...which I do find a little strange myself..

Edited by volmoma

Did you turn bluetooth back on in settings after you turned on airplane mode

It works with a fitbit with my Note 4 and G3, just tried it on my wife's iphone as well and it works.

That's exactly what I did. It will bring up the app and let me click on different settings in the app but says no network connection when I try to sync.

I guess what is weird is someone needing so many pictures of themselves. Seems a little narcissistic to me.

Great for couples or group shots.

And saves you running after the stranger you handed your camera/phone to as he takes off running away with it (much more common than most people realize)

There are definite advantages to using one.

I just picked one up!

Anyone familiar with my photography will be surprised to hear this since I seldom, if ever appear in any of my photos. ;)

I got it to add a different perspective to photos and have found the results interesting.

Iron Man on a pedestal

p996481892-4.jpg

Club 33 buzzard

p786047969-4.jpg

Main Street:

p487172776-4.jpg

I haven't used it (or remembered to use it) very often, but I can see that it may have some interesting applications.

Dave

A bit clumsy but a monopod and remote control will work.

I've actually tried it with a monopod and the self-timer and it works pretty much the same. The thing that makes the selfie-stick such a shiny option for me (and anyone who's reduced the kit size with mirrorless magic) is that it folds down to about 8" long and fits easily in my diminutive NEX kit bag.

Dave