11:00 am Flight out of Vancouver Doable?

Sail Happy

Hi Everyone!

I am going to be on the Norwegian Sun in August which disembarks in Vancouver. Does anyone know what time the Sun usually docks, and if an 11:10am flight out of Vancouver would be realistic? I'm just not sure if I have to book the 12:35pm flight, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks so much!

I'm assuming you are flying international? You need a 2 hour window at the airport. It's a 30 minute transfer to the airport from Canada Place. So now you are looking at being on your way by 8:30am, off the ship and through customs.

Some may take the risk, with self disembarking. As you can see by the times, this would not be recommended for most people.

Hi Everyone!

I am going to be on the Norwegian Sun in August which disembarks in Vancouver. Does anyone know what time the Sun usually docks, and if an 11:10am flight out of Vancouver would be realistic? I'm just not sure if I have to book the 12:35pm flight, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks so much!

Possible for a domestic or International (other than the USA) flight, but probably not possible for a USA bound flight. The extra time needed at YVR is due to the face you clear USA Immigration & Customs prior to getting to your gate [in the E gates, or transborder wing]. You never know if it will take 2 minutes or 90 minutes.

Our flight departed at 11:35am. I would not do that again. We were frantically running from one place to another. It takes a while to check your luggage, get through security and customs and get to your gate. I would be on the safe side and book the later flight.

Hmm... I recommend the later flight...

I see you are arriving on August 3rd....

• The Disney Wonder will be sharing the terminal with you... expect it to be a little busier than normal for trips to the airport by cab or train.
  • August 3rd is a long weekend in Canada. Expect heavier activities at the airport.
  • should I mentioned Pride travellers may be leaving town that morning after the big parade?

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much!

Doesn't the cruise documents or the Norwegian Sun WEB site have the docking time? Every cruise that I have taken shows this information. Have you checked their WEB site?

DON