Boarding time in Seward

Hoping someone who has been on the Radiance, departing from Seward, recently can help me out! :) What time are you able to board the ship? I know on cruises to the Caribbean you can typically board around 11:00. Just wondering if the same is true out of Seward.

Thanks!

Ruth

Yes you can board at 11. The train from Anchorage arrives about then and we saw lots of people head off on RCI buses to get checked in. Personally I went shopping to stock up on wine first! :)

We got our wine from here - threebearsalaska.com/seward/

Good selection and friendly service. Even got some Aussie wine!

Nice! Just to clarify, it's two bottles per STATEROOM (with guests over 21 in it), right? So even though I'm solo I could bring on two bottles?

And it's walking distance from where the bus drops you off?

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

if you are overnighting in Seward, one of our best excursions was there. We did the 9 hour Kenai Fjords Northwestern Glacier day cruise. It was truly amazing. They do have a shorter cruise, but the best part was when we went beyond where most turn around. They picked us up in the motel, brought us to their boat, (delivered our luggage to the ship around 11 a.m.). We saw the most amazing wildlife and whales, orcas and babies, and an amazing glacier. It was along day.

We boarded the cruise ship around 6:30 (I believe it left at 8:30). What we didn't know was muster was at 3:30; yikes. There were still a few people boarding but for the most part, they were breaking down the check in area. We got to our room and our luggage was already there inside. The cabin attendant asked us to review the muster route on our own, he knew we were seasoned cruises. (mind you, this was BEFORE the Concordia accident, which may have changed things).

Getting in the day before also allowed us to walk to the supermarket and wine store. When we were checking out, the cashier asked if we had some customer card (we didn't), so he turns to the lady behind us in line, "Mary - do you want to share you card with these ladies", and she says sure and hands over her card which gave us a 10% or so discount. Very nice locals there.

Nice! Just to clarify, it's two bottles per STATEROOM (with guests over 21 in it), right? So even though I'm solo I could bring on two bottles?...

Correct.