RCL Wedding Reception

Has anyone had or has been to a wedding with Royal Caribbean as I am newly engaged and am looking in to the option of having a cruise wedding. I would like to know what your experience was like and what you thought about the wedding packages.

Also, is the reception held in a separate room then the ceremony, do they have different packages for the reception or is that booked on its own?:)

My daughter got married on the Navigator just over ten years ago. The whole experience with Royal Caribbean was excellent. The wedding was in the small chapel. The reception was in the Viking Crown Bar. A wedding coordinator took care of all the details. I don't know if anything has changed since then. It was outstanding!

Here is the info, you should sit down before you get to the prices:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/weddings/productBundle.do?pagename=web_page_weddings_landing_packages

The locations for the ceremony and reception are dependent on the ship and number of guests. We were on Liberty, and had over 50 people, so they did the ceremony and reception in Viking Crown. If we had fewer guests, we could have had the ceremony in the chapel. When you talk with the Royal Romance people (3rd party contractors), they will tell you your options.

Good luck with Royal Romance. We had real communications issues with them. Once we were on the ship, the crew went over and above our expectations, but the Royal Romance people were a pain to deal with.

Congrats on your engagement....

When we got married on Indy, Royal Romance used sub contractors to do it all. As far as I know, they no longer use TWE (The Wedding Experience) they do it all in house.

TWE is and was a total nightmare. Sorry to say it that way but would rather be honest than sugar coat it.

When we got married, there were several different options for location of the ceremony and reception. You pay extra for the optional add-ons such as, Piano Bar, DJ, sit down lunch etc...

Depending on the ship, itinerary and if people are joining you on the cruise, or planning an embarking day wedding etc... There is a lot of options available, both through Royal Romance or other highly recommended vendors...

If you can provide more info, I am sure myself and others will be able to help

cantwait2cruize, congratulations on your engagement! Friends of mine got married on the beach (Magen's Bay, St. Thomas) during their Serenade of the Seas cruise twelve years ago, and all went perfect for them via Royal Romance. That may not be the case for everyone, but I wanted to suggest the Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises forum for you. Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31. Wishing you and your groom all the best! ;)

• 8 months later...

We got married on a Carnival ship many moons ago. It was the best wedding ever! This kind of wedding is good for someone who doesn't mind relinquishing control of things. The only real decision I had to make after choosing a package was what color did I want on the cake. Nice and simple and stress free.

I wish I could say that it has been a great experience dealing with Royal Weddings, but I can't. I went in optimistic after reading about others bad experiences. There have been many problems especially with getting proper information or even getting a response without having to send multiple emails. I was too deep into the process when I realized this was not going to be easy or stress free like I had hoped. Initially, things went pretty smooth but quickly declined. We leave in just over 30 days and I don't have my timeline for that day yet. When I did receive a timeline after many email requests, it was completely wrong. The time was wrong for the wedding, the photographer was wrong, music is wrong. I replied right away, that was over 2 weeks ago and I have yet to get a response or even an acknowledgement that she received my email. I have been through 3 wedding planners since December. Every time someone quits, we start over because the new one doesn't know what the old one did. I am hoping once we get on the ship, things will be better. I can say that obtaining the maritime marriage license was relatively easy, you work with someone other than Royal Weddings on that portion.

Edited by MelissaNDave

• 2 months later...
I wish I could say that it has been a great experience dealing with Royal Weddings, but I can't. I went in optimistic after reading about others bad experiences. There have been many problems especially with getting proper information or even getting a response without having to send multiple emails. I was too deep into the process when I realized this was not going to be easy or stress free like I had hoped. Initially, things went pretty smooth but quickly declined. We leave in just over 30 days and I don't have my timeline for that day yet. When I did receive a timeline after many email requests, it was completely wrong. The time was wrong for the wedding, the photographer was wrong, music is wrong. I replied right away, that was over 2 weeks ago and I have yet to get a response or even an acknowledgement that she received my email. I have been through 3 wedding planners since December. Every time someone quits, we start over because the new one doesn't know what the old one did. I am hoping once we get on the ship, things will be better. I can say that obtaining the maritime marriage license was relatively easy, you work with someone other than Royal Weddings on that portion.

Sorry to hear that. I'm going through the same with Carnival Weddings. Terrible customer service IF you even get an email response. Many emails go unanswered but oh, they take your money like a well oiled machine.

Has anyone had or has been to a wedding with Royal Caribbean as I am newly engaged and am looking in to the option of having a cruise wedding. I would like to know what your experience was like and what you thought about the wedding packages.

Also, is the reception held in a separate room then the ceremony, do they have different packages for the reception or is that booked on its own?:)

My husband and I were married on the Freedom of the Seas in March 2011 while in port (Port Canaveral).

Royal Romance was the wedding planners and handled EVERYTHING we needed. We were able to pick our flowers, photo options, food selections, cake, music and vows. They offered different packages that we were able to chose from. Our ceremony was held in the Skylight Chapel and our reception was held in Cloud 9. There were about 28 people that joined us for the wedding and reception, 7 people had to leave the ship before we embarked (they weren't staying for the cruise).

I started the planning process about 6 months before our wedding and didn't have any issues. It was a fairly easy process and we had good communication with the planner assigned to our wedding. All of my questions were answered promptly. We had no (negative) surprises and were quite pleased that everything went according to our plans.

I did some cute Save the Date announcements with a picture of our ship and our Wedding invitations were in the theme of Message in a Bottle. Not having a lot of people attending, made this a cute (affordable) option.

I did a video (posted on YouTube) that had pictures of everyone joining us for the wedding so people would recognize each other when we were all onboard. We had guests from CA, AZ, CO, IN, NJ, and FL joining us so not everyone had met previously. We mailed out a gift pack prior to the cruise that included trial sizes of handy items for everyone travelling, wedding favors and a "passport" that served as a wedding/cruise program that listed our cruising guest's cabin #s and other information we wanted to share with our guests.

I hope this helps, and congratulations on your engagement!

• 2 months later...
I did a video (posted on YouTube) that had pictures of everyone joining us for the wedding so people would recognize each other when we were all onboard.

michellephg - I'm so glad I stumbled across this post! Can you direct me to your YouTube video? This is what I'm focusing on now! Our cruise is on Harmony of the Seas leaving September 16, 2017. With over 30 people booked so far, we expect 40-60 people total for the cruise, of which about 75% of the people have never cruised. I have a wedding website with TONS of information on travel details and cruise info but people don't seem to be reading all of the information. I think if I were to create a fun little YouTube video, I'd be able to get more people to access the information!