Istanbul

bobstheboy

More explosions in Istanbul with fatalities.

Will MSC join other lines and stop going ? I have a cruise in May with stops in Istanbul and Izmir so they could be pulled. I wouldn't mind if Rhodes was added in lieu of one of them.

Such a shame. Istanabul is one of the great cities of the world. We were there just after they blew up the USS Cole, many years ago, right at the beginning of all this terrorism. I wouldn't want to be there now, but am glad we had the opportunity back then. Truly amazing.

More explosions in Istanbul with fatalities.

Will MSC join other lines and stop going ? I have a cruise in May with stops in Istanbul and Izmir so they could be pulled. I wouldn't mind if Rhodes was added in lieu of one of them.

I am very sorry for the people who were involved but I do not think you can or should stop going to places.

Did people stop visiting NY after 9/11?

Did people stop visiting Paris after last year?

I agree that some place should be kept out of any travel plan but you cannot stop visiting places where things are happening. At least that is my thought.

I am very sorry for the people who were involved but I do not think you can or should stop going to places.

I agree that some place should be kept out of any travel plan but you cannot stop visiting places where things are happening. At least that is my thought.

Am I going to stop traveling- no

We went to Italy a month after 9/11

Will I go to Paris again -maybe

Will I go to New York again -yes

Will I go to a Muslim/mid eastern country that is in the middle of all this craziness- probably not

I don't think I will knowingly put myself in harms way

Helaine

Completely agree with your sentiment Dutchbunny.

As for the poster lumping all Muslims countries in the Middle East into one and saying they're not safe, that I completely disagree with. UAE and Oman are infinitely safer than the US, and I'm not just referring to terrorist attacks. Just look at the number of Americans killed each year by Americans.

I've visited the UAE 6 times in recent years and will do so again later this year without hesitation. safest place I've ever been (apart from the risk to my financial health). On the other hand Syria is definitely in the not safe to visit list. Qatar and Bahrain are possibilities.

Istanbul is an amazing and unique city, such a shame this has happened.