Island Princess D726 ..Mistake?

beannie

Not sure of the aft changes covered that cabin balcony or not.

There are some Island photos on CC somewhere.

Keith,

Thanks for the info. I was just on the phone with Princess, and IF they can be believed, they say it is covered. I'm really very leary now.

I did look for pics on here, but was unable to come up with anything recent. That being said, looks like the changes they are going to make are in May.

Edited by beannie

Keith,

Thanks for the info. I was just on the phone with Princess, and IF they can be believed, they say it is covered. I'm really very leary now.

I did look for pics on here, but was unable to come up with anything recent. That being said, looks like the changes they are going to make are in May.

Hopefully someone posts the new Island aft pictures.

Someone did post a picture of the stern of Island Princess post-refit at her first call to Port Everglades last fall. All the aft-facing balconies (old and new) appeared to have been enclosed. The back of the ship now reminds me of Hannibal Lecter's mask.

(Again the search function fails me, cannot find that thread even though I remember commenting on it...)

We have D726 booked for a Panama cruise. In further checking I'm really confused. Looks like they had a dry dock and redid some cabins. Is it still uncovered? Help...husband is gonna kill me if it is.

We're booked in D724 this March, my info is that you are the ONE uncovered in the aft. Ours next door is covered. Funny, we always do a dolphin deck mini, cuz I love the open balcony, but the Island is not typical. I usually am on the balcony most of the cruise...DH is looking forward to enjoying more time on our covered one this time...I'll be located in a padded chair on a deck somewhere this time! Our PR also was certain ours was uncovered. Here on CC I read about a site with real info, check it out cruise deck plans dot com. When are you going? Are we neighbors??

We're booked in D724 this March, my info is that you are the ONE uncovered in the aft. Ours next door is covered. Funny, we always do a dolphin deck mini, cuz I love the open balcony, but the Island is not typical. I usually am on the balcony most of the cruise...DH is looking forward to enjoying more time on our covered one this time...I'll be located in a padded chair on a deck somewhere this time! Our PR also was certain ours was uncovered. Here on CC I read about a site with real info, check it out cruise deck plans dot com. When are you going? Are we neighbors??

We are going in September, Panama full transit.

I see Keith has posted another picture. I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed at this pint.