Just back from the 9 night on the Voyager. Long...

The cruise over all was great. The port needs a lot of work though because the terminal is about a quarter mile from the ship and we had to shuttle to the ship during embarkation which didn't start until after the scheduled 1:00 PM time. Then because they have to load the luggage onto trucks and unload them at the ship, we didn't sail until 7:30 PM, 2 1/2 hours delay. Coming home was worse. We docked by 10:30 AM, but because of the same problems stated above in reverse, we didn't get off the ship and pick up our luggage until close to 5:00 PM. As of this writing, I'd bet all the people are not off that ship yet cause there was about 10 more colors to go after us and each one went real slow. Good thing we love the Empress so much (we're booked for an 8 nt Bermuda in Sept.) because unless they make the process easier, we would cancel. Feel sorry for the pax waiting to board for the Canada cruise. That's the only thing that's negative about the cruise so here goes with the real review. It's long so please excuse the spelling as I'm trying to type as fast as my 2 fingers will.

The Ship is in great shape! Doesn't look 5 years old at all. We had an inside cabin on deck 9 and was very comfortable for the 3 of us. The curtains separating the sitting area from the beds was nice for privacy while dressing. It has a safe and a mini bar but the mini bar didn't work as far as refrigeration was concerned. No problem though cause we didn't need a fridge. The ice bucket is really tiny so what you have to do is order ice from room service (they bring a big bucket), and tell your steward(ess) to leave it there and fill it too. I found an ice station one deck below that was always unlocked so whenever we ran short, went down and filled it up. The beds are comfy and we brought our own pillows and Sharmie, our stewardess put covers on them. The first two days were sea days and Phyllis & I are early riser. We always say in the Solarium pool area which is for adults only. It has a ancient Roman decor with naked statues, collumns, and stone walls. Very nice and peacefull. We would always go up there at about 6:30 - 7:00 AM, so we always got choice seats. We sat in them though as most people just put towels on them to save them. On the first day, the crew came around and removed towels from chairs, but if there was a book or a flip flop or other piece of personal item on it, they'd leave it. I think the library was totally empty of books because thy became the favorite chair savers. It was really a shame to see these chairs saved and really not used. We lounged on deck until about 3:00 PM everyday and saw many avd chairs nevr used. BTW, this adult area has cushioned red covered loungers and chairs unlike the main pool area. There's no smoking in the adult pool area so if you want to lite up, you have to go to the main pool area, Starboard side, where the kids are to smoke LOL.

We had a table for three in the dining room. Amelia was our waitress and Rohan was the busboy. Food was good. Not the best we've had but good so don't worry about going hungry. We went to Portafino's on Carabbean night when the menu is said to be not that great. Go there one evening. It's worth the $20 pp. We always ate breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer Cafe except one lunch in the dining room and one at Johnny Rockets. There was no charge at Johnny Rockets and the food is very good there. The Island Grill, which is the back part of the Windjammer has the better stuff as far as we were concerned. Great omelet station (no fried eggs though). Burgers, ribs, hot dags, etc. for lunch there. Main winjammer has various entres for lunch, pasta, carving station etc.

The show lounge is nice although we've grown tired of the song and dance productions so only sat thru half of one. Two of the three comediens were very good. The singing one wasn't in our opinion. If the "Knudson Brothers" are performing, don't miss it. It was a great show. They held Quest in the Ice Skating studio and we decided to miss it this time cause the way we remember it, you needed room to run up and show the item called for. That can't be done in the show lounge either cause like the Ice Skating studio, it's theater seating. BTW, don't miss the Ice show, it's really very good.

Royal Promenade is like a big mall with shops, sport bar, pub, and cafe. The food at the cafe is free BTW ( at first we thought you had to pay for the cake and sandwiches). They have a nice jewelry shop there and and think the ring we bought Phyllis was a pretty good deal. They have a sale on logo tees 2 for $20 on the last sea day. Pretty nice shirts but get there early for your size.

Labadee was our first port and was really beautiful (that coming from someone who is not a private island fan). We picked up a couple of items from the locals there pretty cheap. Almost felt guilty giving a guy $13 for a nice painting, but by then, that's all we had left on us. We snorkeled but didn't see many fish (they said we wouldn't). There's like 4 beaches to choose from. One with waves, a couple for snorkeling, and the other for watersports. Good barbcue lunch was served. Overall, had a good time.

After reading some of the negative comments on the boards, we were a little apprehensive about visiting Jamaica. But also taking the advice given about booking Peat Taylor, it turned out to be a great day. For $30, he picks you up at port in a nice air conditioned bus ( about 25 pax), takes you to Dunns River Falls where he gives you an admission ticket (climbing the falls was great, the guides take your pictures with your camera, you all hold hands and climb up the falls which takes about an hour). If your fit, go for it. We're early fifties and had no problem. After that, he takes you to Fern Gully, a tropical rain forest. A real nice ride up a mountain where you stop along the way for some nice pics. Then he brings you back to the ship for lunch. After lunch, he takes you to a shopping mall where all the shops are owned by Indian people. You can haggle with them a little. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that at the Falls, the exit signs lead you thru a straw market where locals are desperate to make a sale. We just said no thanks but it took awhile to run the gauntlet so to speak. when we got to the exit, we realized tht if e just ignore the exit signs and went out the way came in, we would have avoide them, so remember that.

At Grand Cayman, we also had a pre booking with Nativeway Watersports (advice we got here on the boards). Again for $30, they picked us up from the pier, brought us to their boat (about 20 Pax) and first took us to Stingray City. It's like a sand bar three to four feet under water with all kinds of stingrays. They were big, some with wing spans pf about 5 feet. They were real friendly and gentle and since we only had 20 to our boat (others were jam packed), we had a lot of personal time with them. They let you sort of hold them by docking up against your chest with your arms under their wings. Just move right or left in the direction they go and they'll stay with you. Lower you chin as though to kiss them and they'll rub there front flap on you face for a kiss. suppose to be for good luck if you kiss a stingray. After about an hour there, they took us to Coral Gardens for snorkeling. We never saw so many fish, stingrays there too and a baracuda and a mora eel. Crew said they've been there forever and never bothered a snorkler. He was right, but it was exciting being a little nervous about the baracuda. Then back to the bus and back to the pier which is right on the main shoppin streets where we spent a couple hours browsing. BTW there's a place called "Everything under the Sun" where there's four or five vendors inside that sells the souveniers at about half the price of the other shops so look for that place.

Grand Bahama (Freeport), we decide to just make it a beach day. It has improved since the last time we were there. Right outside the ship go to the taxi stand for Lucya. It's $5 pp. at lucya, they have a market place that's just a good as the International Market Place so you can forgo that stop. We went to the Sheraton resort beach. you can sit on your towels and use the beach for free but if you want a beach chair, you have to pay $20 for each one. Since we brought our air matresses, we used those to lay on when we weren't floating on them. They have Banana boat rides for $10, parasailing for $50 and jet skies but I don't know how much. After the beach, we did a little shopping and then took the cab back. At the pier, they have a little market place now and we browsed that. There's a great wood carver there named Brian. He's a real good artist. Again having only so much money left on us got us a good deal. He had a couple of sculptures about 14 inches high by 8 inches in diameter of two dolphins jumping out of the water straight up. He carved the entire thing out on one block od white pine. His list was $100, but was selling at $70. I offered $50, he countered at $60 and said I only had $52 on me. He took it and I wish that I could show you this cause it's really worth it. He says it take him three full days to do one and I believe it. Take a look when you go.

One thing to remember is that prepaid calling cards that you might think about bringing like we did, will do you no good on any of the ports visited. It's a buck a minute buying a card or access number in port for calls back to the states. Gonna stop now cause don't want to be too long, but anyone going on this cruise will have a great time. Just prepare for the port delay at Bayonne.

Chuck

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

Welcome back!!! You were the first posters...I have been watching all day. How bad was it waiting to board last Friday? What is the waiting area like? We have two people in wheel chairs...how is the bus from the terminal to the ship? Are they able to stay in their wheel chairs? Glad to hear deck nine was okay, as we have inside handicapped cabins 9553. How was the weather? What were the tenders like? I hear they are also wheelchair accessible.

Thanks for all your info.

Waiting to b oard wasn't bad, we had bus # 1 because we were early. They give you a bus # card when you check in. Waiting to get off today was the pits though. Just don't have anyone pick you up until you call them. Call them to get you by cell when your color is finally called cause by the time you bus to the terminal, find your luggage, get out of the terminal, someone could o 30 miles on the turnpike to get you. The waiting area is ok. They have water and cookies set up, and a band plays. I didn't see anyone in a wheel chair on our bus but imagine they will get to the ship. The weather was great everyday. Rained a little on Jamaica but after our excusion, thank god. Tenders were very good at Grand Cayman. Nobody waited very long for one and saw many wheel chairs, no problem. Did peek into a hadicapped room. It's big! You'll have a great cruise!

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

Welcome home Chuck & Phyllis!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your long day to post! Your info and tips are great!

Don't worry about your post being too long - as far as I'm concernd, the more info the better!

Please add any info or ideas as you think of them!

Thanks again!

Sher

<font color=blue>WDW 11/3/02 - 11/8/02</font>

<font color=#FF9900>7 day MAGIC 11/9/02 Western Caribbean!</font>

<font color=red>7 day Magic 7/28/01~Our First Taste of the MAGIC!</font></center>countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;07;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

7/16/04 Voyager of the Sea NYC Cruise

Debarkation wasn't fun. we live in NY so didn't have to catch a flight. I imagine that anyone who planned an early flight might have missed it brecause they didn't call the first color till after 3:00 or 3:30 PM can't remember. I would advise anyone flying to book later flights for this port. Kind of wonder what RCCL's air arrangements are as far as timing is concerned and what happened today if anyone missed their plane???

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

BTW, the Meet and Mingle was held at the High Notes Lounge in the Royal Crown. Hi Dave, Debbie, Judy, Mary, Joe. The mini golf is cute too and our son enjoyed the rock climbing and basketball court. As far as motion is concerned, it's almost nill. Something that we missed since we like to feel it. Glad to hear the Empress is rocking and rolling. Now that's being out at sea!

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

Thanks! We are leaving Friday on the Voyager. Did they tell you why it took til 3:00 to start calling tag colors? Could you wait in your cabin ? Any other tips you can think of before we leave would be appreciated.

We were told that there was delay in getting all the luggage off-loaded and transferred to the terminal.We were allowed to stay in our rooms until 11 AM.They served breakfast and lunch but food was scarce after 1:30.

The first colors were to be called at 1:00 PM. At 1:15 PM, the anounced the luggage problem and said 40 minutes more. About 2:15 PM, they anounced that soon?? when the luggage is finished, debarkation will begin. We had to be out of the cabins by 11:00 AM. Don't let the port delay preoccupy your anticipation, because it 's really a great ship and cruise. Try to book the Jamaica and Grand Cayman excursions we did in advance.

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

Thanks for answering my questions. My concern is we have a car service picking us up on Sunday and he will need some sort of time frame. We are very excited about this cruise and can't wait til Friday.

Many people had cars picking them up and one of the problems was that they wouldn't let them park. They had to keep circling around. People's cell phones were ringing off the their belts from drivers wanting to know when they were getting off the ship. I don't know what to tell you to do other than tell your driver to get there around 5 PM. Remember, we were early today. We weren't due in until 12:00 PM and that hour and a half gained wasn't enough to foster a timely debark. I imagine that if we didn't get in till 12:00 PM, we'd be demanding dinner. Again, it's a great cruise, just allow extra time for getting off the ship. Enjoy!

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

Yeah Peg, I hope they can find a solution to this but unless they bring in more trucks, forklifts and people, I don't see how. The ship's officers were outside and were apoligizing for the delays when we boarded the bus. I don't think they know what to do and I can't think of a solution other than above, unless they build a terminal near where the ship is going to berth. I again want to say that this is a great cruise so everyone, just prepare yourself for a wait when you come home and enjoy the nine days that count.

Chuck & Phyllis

Doing Voyager on 5/21/04

Doing Empress on 9/18/04

hi everyone, just home from voyager. the trip was great. sorry i didn't make the meet and mingle. my son was not feeling well and my daughter was signed up for ice skating lessons and i took her. so my husband stayed with my son in our cabin. .

as far as the ship goes it was a beautiful ship, i couldn't get over how big she was. there was always something going on. they really take care of the ship. everyday they were painting the outside staining the railings. the ship didn't look it's age.

i had 2 adjoining promenade cabins 6553 & 6555. when i looked in the book it looks so close to the the elevators. i was really worried we would hear alot of noise. we were surprised how quiet the rooms were. we never heard anything from downstairs or people going to the elevators as it was down around the corner from our rooms. it's deceiving in the brochure.

food was good. always plenty to choose from. we ate breakfast and lunch from the windjammer . had lunch in johnny rockets twice . i love the shakes. my kids are picky eaters always found something to eat. kids loved the kids club. they had so much fun. they couldn't wait to go.

we saw alot of the shows. ice jammin was great. don't miss it. the love and marriage game was hilarious! battle of the sexes was also funny. we saw quest. that was good also. always a lot to do. richard spacey the cruise director was fantastic! he was so much fun. i had heard so much about him before we left. but sadly he announced after the last night's variety show that this was his last cruise. a lot of his crew didn't even know. so he wanted everyone to come over to him after the show to say hello or shake his hand. so we waited and told him what a terrific job he had done. he had said he was going on an adventure. someone asked if he was going on another cruise line and he just said no i'm finished. in my opinion a big loss for rc.

my only complaint was with the baggage system. they need more workers. we were over 2 hrs late leaving bayonne and after arriving home an hour and a half early we couldn't leave till after 2:00. i got 3 different stories. one was the baggage problem. 2) was customs fault. 3) was because the terror alert was raised to orange they were taking there time going through everything. i had beige tags which was supposed to be let off the ship at 1:00 along with white tags. so about 12:30 we went on the 3rd floor stairs (since we were to exit off floor 1). we waited and then they started with the delays first was 40 minutes, then 20 then about 2:00 then said 15 minutes. they didn't announce it someone came from the first floor and said they were going to start moving people from all the stairs leading to the first floor. so about 2:30 we started moving from the ship. at that point no tag colors were called. just trying to get people from the stairways out. people were taking the elevators to 1 and causing a jam. they need a better system. diamond and platinum members were saying that they were writing letters about the baggage situation. i understand it's a new port but they definately didn't have enough workers for all the luggage .

overall i loved the voyager. i will definately be going back on her next year. my husband and kids agree. you will love this ship.

stacey

From what I have heard about the port, it is still under construction right? If so, I think that maybe the problems might be corrected after he construction, hopefully!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;07;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Explorer of the Seas 11/02

Royal Majesty 12/95

Costa Riviera 8/89 & 12/89

<marquee direction="right" scrolldelay="0">

boat001.gif

GET OUT THERE!

Boy, are WE ever hoping that this is new-port-in-town syndrome, and Royal gets this all taken care of with some experience. It certainly SOUNDS like just a lack of experience thing.

We are some of those "poor" 5-days-to-Canada cruisers, and you're right, Chuck. If you guys don't get OFF in a timely fashion, we can't get on!

This is already a cruise that they are calling a "five day" but tell us that we can't board before 5 P.M. and that we sail at 10 P.M. - so much for that "first" day. (Who knows what time the guys leaving on YOUR last day finally got on board!)

I'm not complaining (ok, I AM complaining). This is NOT a cheap cruise!

I just KNOW that they'll have this all worked out by August.......... icon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

Carol

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;8;8;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-500

Voyager of the Seas - 5-day to Canada - NO AIRFARE!!!! 8/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;26;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-500

Jewel of the Seas 12/2004

Explorer of the Seas 12/2003

Explorer of the Seas 8/2002

<marquee>till we sail on the Jewel! New Year's Cruise.....12/26/04</marquee>

<marquee>..........................Oh, no! We have become New Year's Cruise Addicts!</marquee>

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Chuck & Phyllis: Just one question re Windjammer. I enjoy eggs over easy for breakfast. You mentioned that the aft station does not prepare "fried eggs". Does that include over easy and if so, is there a forward station that does?

Thanks in advance...

John L.

Chuck & Phyllis

Glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise. We are leaving in June and now we will be prepared & patient for the delays upon our return from our 9 day. Can you please tell me how many formal nights and what night is caribbean night in the dining room?

HI, Thanks for the review. I guess we will just have to be patient when we board the VOS this coming Friday. No big deal to us as long as the rest of the trip sails smoothly. Anyone take any photos that they can share with us? What kinda food did they serve in the dining room?

Voyager of the Seas~4 more days... icon_biggrin.gif

Hey everyone! I was going to post a review in a new thread but figured it would be easier to just add it to this thread. I also missed the meet and mingle. We were planning on going but ended up sleeping in a little too late. Next cruise I will make sure I get to the meet and mingle.

Now as for the review...

Embarkation - Well the port isn't in great shape yet and I think RCCL needs to spend some more time organizing what they already have built. I know that they are planning on building a permanent port at Bayonne in the next few years but this temporary port is too unorganized. The first problem that was very evident is they have the arriving and departing passengers all driving through the same road to get towards the terminal. It's hard to explain but the terminal building has a small road in front of it which turns into a 4 or 5 lane road once everyone is jamming their cars onto the road to try to get out of the parking lot. If you are arriving. Stay in the far left lanes as you are approaching the terminal and then look for a spot to quick pull over on the right side of the road to unload your luggage. Once you unload you then have to circle around a large warehouse building and wait in the same line up of cars again to get to the parking lot. This time you will need to be in the far right lanes to exit into the parking lot. The whole driving situation is a mess and in fact, when we finally got off the ship yesterday (we had the color green which is 3rd to the last color) it was about 5pm and when we were leaving the parking lot in our car we drove past a traffic jam of cars coming onto the Bayonne peninsula that was about a mile or two long. These were the people coming for the Canada cruise and they did not look happy. So my advice is either get there extra early for boarding or get there just a little before the ship is scheduled to leave and you may avoid these lines and problems. I do hope that RCCL can at least come up with a temporary solution for the upcoming cruises. I wrote a lot about the embarkation process and it sounds negative but let me add that this was the best vacation our family has ever taken and we all had a BLAST!

Now that we were on the ship we noticed just how BIG this ship really is. We loved the royal promenade and all the different lounges and bars. Our room was 6650 and had a balcony and sofa bed. It was a tight fit for my parents and my older brother (27) and myself (22). We managed to make it work though and didn't spend much time in the room so it wasn't a big deal. We had an awesome room attendant named Fabian who made us towel animals every night which my mom loved and also was always in the hallway saying hi and talking to us. I know I read a post before that RCCL had given their room attendants more work to do now and that they weren't cleaning the rooms until very late in the day. All I can say is Fabian was very good and had our room cleaned every morning by 10am and had it ready for bed every evening by 7pm.

We had main seating dinner time and were seated on the Magic Flute deck which is on deck 5. This was very convenient since our stateroom was located on deck 6. We had a table just to the left of the entrance to this dining room and even though we weren't right next to the balcony in order to look down to the main floor of the dining room and we weren't next to a window we loved our location. We were seated at a table for 4 so we didn't get to meet any new people but we enjoyed being just with our family and not having to worry too much about all the questions like, "is it proper to pick up the shrimp in order to eat it?" or "can i reach across the table in this direction to get the salt and pepper?" We had a main waitress named Vuri from South Africa and an assistant waitress named Melinda also from South Africa. These two did an awesome job at meeting and exceeding our expectations. Our main waitress only had one other table of 4 so we got excellent service. We were always one of the first tables to be waited on and receive our food. In fact, one night we were done our desert and noticed a large table next to us was just receiving their entrees.

As for the food, we thought it was excellent! We chose to eat in Portifinos on the first night of the cruise since we hadn't received our luggage yet and we talked to the portofino's guy on the phone and he said the first night is a great night to go there since they are usually very slow. Well, he was right. There were only 4 other tables that had people at them when we were in Portofinos. I can't describe how awesome this meal was but all I can say is it is deffinitely worth the $20 per person charge and we ate like kings.

Now for the dining room dinners. We thought every one was excellent as well. I don't remember what the menu options were for every night so I will just tell you which meals I remember that our family thought were very good. We loved the lobster night. Our waitress was so good this night and brought us all 2 lobster meals even though we only ordered one because she knew that we would want another one and she was right! We each ate 2 lobster tails and loved it. The "chateubriand" (not sure if that is spelled right) meal was also excellent. The pastas for the most part were pretty good but may not be enough to fill your appetite if you are very hungry. The filet mingon was also an excellent meal. I can't remember any of the other meals that we enjoyed but hopefully if you have a good waiter/waitress they will recommend things for you and help you decide what to get. I think whatever you pick you will not be dissapointed. Also remember that you can order more than one appetizer or entree or even desert if you want too. Also make sure you stay on the nights when the dining room staff is going to sing. We missed this one night but saw it another night and thought it was really neat. It makes for a great picture or video taping opportunity. We also noticed people getting birthday or anniversary cakes on different nights and the head waiter would come and sing to them with a couple of other staff. Also, the midnight gala buffet was a sight to behold. We went to the viewing and took pictures and video and then we waited outside the carmen dining room to go in and eat at 12:30. I will say that this was a lot like a stampede to get into the dining room to eat the midnight buffet but we thought it was worth it. They had things like sushi, shrimp, caviar, every dessert you can imagine, salads, cold cuts, salmon, cheeses, breads and numerous other things. I still can't believe all the work that they put into making this buffet to only have us come in and destroy it by eating all the food but we thought it was awesome.

The windjammer's food was also pretty good. Nothing extraordinary and nothing poor but overall it was good food. We always got our food and then went back to the Island Grill portion to get a table since there were usually more available back here. We also took a plate full of food occasionally and went back to our room to eat it or went out on the pool deck to eat.

The pool deck was very nice. We did notice that too many people were saving their chairs by placing just a shoe or t-shirt on the chair and they had workers coming around removing towels but as long as you had some other object on the chair they wouldn't move anything. We thought they could improve on this since by about 11am or noon most of the chairs were full. We still managed to find a group of 4 chairs not matter what time we went to the pool deck. It just took a little longer to find on some days.

We really enjoyed the fitness center and the solarium. If you want to work off a few pounds from all the dinners then don't hesitate to go to the fitness center or to walk/run on the track. The solarium pool and hot tubs were also a nice relief from the crowded main pool area. I don't think i mentioned it yet but this cruise was completely sold out and I heard one worker say that there were over 3700 passengers on board.

As for the entertainment, we thought it was excellent. Richard Spacey did a great job of entertaining the crowds at every event. We went to almost every show and really enjoyed the two Royal Caribbean production shows (Broadway Review and Dreamscape). We thought the broadway show was a little better than dreamscape but both were excellent. If the Knudson Brothers are on your cruise don't miss them! We thought this was the best show during the entire cruise! We also really enjoyed El Gaucho. This guy was so talented. He played the drums, played the guitar, and played the piano as well as being an excellent and hilarious comedian and he also swung around these things called Bollos. The part where he picked the guy out of the audience and then swung the bollos around his head and gave him a hair cut was hillarious!We always found a seat in the theater and even sat in the first three rows on most nights. Deffinitely don't miss the ice show. This was one of the highlights of the cruise!

Well I have a ton of other things I could write about but have to go get ready for the cook-out so feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer them. I will also try to add a review of the ports, debarkation process, other entertainment on the ship, and anything else I can think of later.

thank you sooo much for all your tips chuck & phyllis! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! i was thinking about going on this cruise, and i think you may have convinced me to do this one instead of the one the grandeur! I was wondering though, were there many kids around the age of 15 or 16? And I'm sure there are many things for kids to do right? thanx a million!

~Christine

Voyager or Grandeur to Western Caribbean --/--/05?

Nordic Empress to Bermuda 6/29/03

We leave on the Voyager this Friday. Thank you for the information. Now we know why they say the RCCL bus will not get us back to Boston until 10:45PM if it takes that long to disembark and get your luggage. Maybe by Friday they will have things more efficient!!!

It sounds like you had a great time.

Archived