Dining - on Escape

Bibble

Hi all, I've only been on NCL a handful of times, and only short weekend cruises.

Going on the Escape in September, and have a question about dining.

We're cool with main dining room eating, (we are going to do the hibachi one night, but that will be our only "paid dining"), but when I was online to book the hibachi, it looks like you can "reserve" the main/complimentary dining rooms.

Do we need to do this?

Am I right that we will not have the same table/waiter each night, like on Carnival or RCCL?

Does booking a time mean we have a real reservation, and then won't have to wait in a line?

Any dining guidance someone can give would be great appreciated!

No, there is absolutely no need to book the main dining room, unless you are a large group.

You are correct that you won't have the same waiter every night.

I don't know from experience, but from what I've read on here, having a reservation may save you a bit of time if it's very busy, but generally not by much at all. I would keep your options open.

No, there is absolutely no need to book the main dining room, unless you are a large group.

You are correct that you won't have the same waiter every night.

I don't know from experience, but from what I've read on here, having a reservation may save you a bit of time if it's very busy, but generally not by much at all. I would keep your options open.

Thank you so much! That's the exact answer I was hoping for :)

We were a party of six, never had reservations, never had to wait. And we went on a Spring Break week when it was uber crowded.

We got to know one of the Assistant Maitre Ds and a waiter fairly well, and we would always request to try and sit in their area. The hostess was often accomodating. So you can try and get the same waiter if you want. We had the same waiter 5 out of 7 nights. She got to know our preferences and would bring the kids their chocolate milk without us having to ask.

If you miss your reservation, would they hold that against you? Also, can you dine in the MDR more than once per night? :D

No not for the MDR

Yes as many times as you want.

Edited by 2ManyCruises