Champagne Afternoon Tea

cruiserdru

A May 30 posting reported that the QM2 Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar was no longer and a new champagne was being offered.

Has this ended the afternoon champagne tea or has the new champagne taken over the bar and picked it up?

I have been unable to find any reports about the new champagne since that posting and the Cunard site still lists the Veuve Clicquot tea.

Any comments on the current status of the QM2 champagne bar at this time???

I noticed the champagne afternoon tea was being served in the champagne bar on the last sea day when I was on QM2's Norway trip in July. This looked like a better venue to hold it than the old Winter Garden, where it was served when I was previously on the ship in 2014.

The harpist was positioned in the doorway between the champagne bar and the Chart Room which prevented anyone walking through from there. There was also a "front desk" at the entrance to the champagne bar which again prevented anyone from just strolling in (which has been a problem historically when using the Garden Lounge on QE and the Winter Garden on QM2). There were maybe 3 or 4 couples. On my trips I have never really seen this event being particularly busy, so wonder how popular it really is and whether Cunard will continue to offer it in the future. Whilst the food and drink were always delightful, I always felt that Cunard struggled to create the right atmosphere, probably due to issues with the location. However, I thought the set up I saw last month was an improvement on previous attempts to conjure up a sense of elegance.

To Whirled Peas, I found Veuve Clicquot & Laurent Perrier pretty comparable in quality, There were some reasonably priced vintage bottles of Veuve Cliquot in the restaurant. My personal preference for a mid priced agreeable Champagne is Laurent Perrier, especially the Rose, but either of these shouldn't disappoint.

Edited by robbie_3