MSC Shore Excursions

cmjaffe

I understand MSC doesn't allow you to book excursions until you board the ship. We're trying to decide what to do in port before we leave home and what might be offered. For those who've done the Carib. sailing w/MSC, did you try any of their excursions and how were they? How was the pricing compared to value received? Trying to do our homework... and anxious counting down the days.

Carolyn

My wife and I are also looking for info on excursions on the Opera sailing the western carribean.. We don,t always book them, but find them to be helpful in deciding what to do on any particular day..

You can call 1800-666-9333 and ask the operator to e-mail you all excursions and prices..I recieved mine yesterday..

Thanks, msbptg! I called and the rep I spoke with couldn't have been more pleasant. I was so caught off guard I couldn't think of anything else to ask him...:eek:

I called the same number and was told that they couldn't send me any info on the shore excursions because I had booked through a travel agent. I was also told that my travel agent could provide that info for me. So, I called the agent and she said - I have no idea what they are talking about. We have never seen anything on the MSC Caribbean shore excursions. Guess I'll wait for my cruise documents to arrive?

-yergie

Hi kids, lol I,m glad all of u got your e-mail from the msc operator and got a copy of all excursions... One thing I wanted to mention (shhhhh) You can do all of the things listed buy your self and save a bundle of money..just jump into a cab and go, go , go.. Like most ships, they tack on a surcharge when booking thru them... just thought I,d let u no..mark+tina..sailing opera 2/11/06

The rep did tell me that my travel agent had access to that info and seemed surprised I didn't have it. He was very accomodating, as I said in my previous post, and did not indicate that it was against policy to disclose. I guess it's just the luck of the draw! BTW, the file is extensive. I made the mistake of printing it out without checking to see first...38 pages later...:rolleyes: I found I have MSC's entire fleetwide listing of excursions.

I got both of the files - thanks! I was able to find my ports quite easily. I was particularily interested in Cayo Levantado because I couldn't find much information about the place, but it looks like they've got some interesting tours set up.

-yergie

• 3 weeks later...
I got both of the files - thanks! I was able to find my ports quite easily. I was particularily interested in Cayo Levantado because I couldn't find much information about the place, but it looks like they've got some interesting tours set up.

-yergie

kids, take yourself to casa delmar..there you will find a great place to snorkle!!

MSC does not send any information to the travel agents. I know because I am one. All the other lines do and a lot of times it is before the docs arrive. I have not had any dealings with MSC and that is why I am trying them on 2/11. [ Opera ] Rick Sasso did a great job at Celebrity and now I will see if he has made MSC a player in the Caribbean.

MSC does not send any information to the travel agents. I know because I am one. All the other lines do and a lot of times it is before the docs arrive. I have not had any dealings with MSC and that is why I am trying them on 2/11. [ Opera ] Rick Sasso did a great job at Celebrity and now I will see if he has made MSC a player in the Caribbean.

see u on the ship on 2/11 mark+tina

I'm a TA as well, and MSC does make SOME excursion information available to TAs through their TA site, but it does not include any PRICING. It's just a description of the tours available. :rolleyes:

Guess I'll have to call and get the e-mail too! I'm on the 2/25 Opera myself. :)

Well I do a lot of business with MSC and my Rep sent me this link when i had a large group going on MSC I am also a TA maybe I have a good rep :D

Here is all the tours there do and prices Not that much information BUT should help It is for Lirica but all other stops are listed

http://www.msccruises.com.au/media/PDF/SHOREEXCURSIONS_LIRICA.pdf

Yergie,

I just phoned MSC and got an email with the shore excursion attachments. I attempted to post them here, but it exceeded the size permitted. If you post your email address, I'll send you a copy.

Diane

I wasn't lucky getting them sent so I would truely appreciate it if you could e-mail them to me.

Charlotte at Grma9times@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...
Yergie,

I just phoned MSC and got an email with the shore excursion attachments. I attempted to post them here, but it exceeded the size permitted. If you post your email address, I'll send you a copy.

Diane

I hate to be a PIA but also would like the shore X info

jtutak at earthlink dot net

at = @ dot= . no spaces

Thanks in advance

Jim

• 1 month later...

Can I also be a PIA and ask for a copy of the excursion list! I have emailed and telephoned MSC (in the UK) twice, and both times they have sent me excursions for the Mediterranean!! I just hope they've got us booked on the right cruise!:eek: (Lirica 11th April). m.diggle@btopenworld.com

Thanks a lot!

Liz

Archived