bacardi on own ????

We B Cruisin

We will be in PR on june 16 sailing of explorer and want to do bacardi even after the mixed reviews . I am nervous about going too far from ship on own . Someone mentioned we need to take a ferry and a cab - can anyone tell me how to get there . Are cabs readily available in san juan and are they trustworthy to get back to ship? Thanks

Stefanie

Stephanie, just like they told you. Explorer is at pier #1.......walk down to pier #2...... you wont be the only one...............other will be doing the same.....wait about 15-30 minutes..........about $1 p/p take the feery .about 15 minutes...at the other side..........Cataño ,,,,the cab drivers are on line and will say Bacardi and the fare is about $2 p/p.........quick drive to the distillery......... no charge at the distilery.take the tour................. when you are ready to leave .there are taxis inside the distillery to go back...........

You can always take a taxi right from pier #2

you can take the cruise ship excursion

you can find an independent tour bus outside the ship

or

you can try this link for further options

http://travelandsports.com/cgi-bin/exp.cgi?lng=ENG&typ=TO&lk=to

oh by the way.try DON Q rum at pier #2

Countryside is right. Taking the Catańo ferry is easy, cheap, and safe. Sometimes the cabs are not parked right outside the Catańo ferry landing, but can be found down about a block to the right. Just ask someone. From the ferry landing it's probably 10 minutes or less by taxi to the distillery. And if I remember right, the tours are free (at least they used to be).

You can take a cab directly from the pier where the ship docks, but it is a fair distance around the bay. The ferry is quicker and cheaper.

If you go during Christmas season, there will probably be someone on the ferry playing music (to make a little extra money).

Be adventurous! Have fun!! And best of all... save $$$ vs. those who pay to go on the ship's tour!!!

Dave :) :) :)

<snip>From the ferry landing it's probably 10 minutes or less by taxi to the distillery.<snip>

Dave :) :) :)

We took the bus for $.25 (now it's $.75, I believe) and it was less than 5 minutes. We could have walked it, but for the heat.

gary

Archived