Anyone ever done a Timeshare Presentation on St. Thomas?

Morgsmom

The last time I was in Cozumel I did a timeshare presentation at a local "resort" (termed used very loosely, since this was post hurricane ravaged Cozumel.) In exchange for 1 hour of my time (and I had nothing planned anyway) I got wrist bracelets good for unlimited food & drinks, as well use of facilities for the day. While the resort was about 2 stars at best, it was a pretty good return on my investment. Has anyone done a Timeshare presentation in St. Thomas???? If so, where was it and what were the goodies?

This may not be much help, but . . .

I can give you three possible options, one of which is actually on St. John. First, it sounds like you're not seriously interested in actually buying a timeshare unit, so I'll dispense with giving you reviews of the places (although I can never resist throwing in my own two or three cents). Sapphire Beach Resort on the east end near Red Hook is one St Thomas option. We sat through it as we were staying for a week just up the hill in a set of unassociated condos, and we did have a real interest in buying a week there someday. The pitch was fairly standard and ran about 90 minutes. Limited goodies as I recall in the form of 2 $50 water sports coupons. We used them for a parasail right there at Sapphire Marina. We always liked this place, and were intrigued by the plans to build new and more modern units over the next year or two. That was roughly 7 years ago and ground has yet to be broken. I now realize it likely never will be, yet they continue to push it in their pitch. We do now own a week there which we bought for less than half the going rate as a resale I found on the internet. A week a year for 38 of the original 40 years, and at regular rack rates it's pretty much paid for. By the way, apublic beach as they all are, and you can spend your day here.

The second STT option is Blubeard's Castle. Have never sat through this one, but friends have and I think the incentive was shopping (and maybe food?) coupons considering its proximity to downtown. No beach here, but nice views from up on the hill and a little fancier than Sapphire.

The third, which we did sit through, was The Westin on St. John. We were already owners at Sapphire by that time and went primarily as a way to spend the day on St. John. Goodies were lunch on property (including the kids who spent the time on the beach and at their pool while we were pitched), and a beach "day pass." I use quotes because I'm pretty sure this beach is public too although its a bit trickier to get to and navigate if you're not staying there.

In summary, my two cents says (you've got at least a nickel's worth by now) unless you're genuinely interested in purchasing, for the goodies they give, it's not worth the time. Maybe the hundred bucks at Sapphire (their goodies may well have changed by now), but other than that . . . .

Hopefully, this gives you at least some idea. Have fun!

• 4 months later...

Just last week completed a preview of the new Marriott Timeshare resort next to the hotel. I had arranged it in advance. They paid for taxi both ways, plue a $100 shipping certificate. We were in St. Thomas on Halloween on the Crown Princess. I had left a thread a few months ago about my planning of this for St. Thomas. We have been to St. Thomas numerous times so we need something new (and, yes, profitable) to do. We do already own a Marriott timeshare in Aruba, but that played no part in this preview. It was not just for current owners. They are still in the building stages. Be advised, you will need to stay for at least an hour to 90 minutes. Friends that went with us hurried it and stayed less than an hour and were only given $25. Be advised to make sure they agree to pay taxi fare both ways in advance. We used the $100 at Cardow Jewelers. Anyone looking for a contact to pre-arrange, email me and I will send the person and phone number there in addition to a scan of their business card. It was worth the $100. They will even let you use the hotel facilities for the day if you wish. They give you a cab voucher to use anytime you leave.

Archived