Storing Luggage In Barcelona After Cruise?

Hi everyone.

My husband and I are cruising on Voyager Of The Seas for 1 week from Barcelona this month.

After the cruise our flight leaves at 6pm.

Does anyone have any ideas where we can store our luggage so we can see a bit more of Barcelona before our flight home later on that day?

Thanks

Kirsty

Have you considered booking a shore excursion with the ship? You can choose from Barcelona Aquarium and Transfer or Barcelona City & Transfer. You won't have to worry about your luggage and they will drop you off at the airport after the tour.

I know that there is a left luggage area at the airport--then you could take either the aero-bus or the metro back into the city and then back to the airport. The metro is supposed to be faster, and without luggage would be an option. We are toying with leaving some of our luggage at the airport precruise.

The other left luggage areas that I've found are not close enough to the port to help you.

Hi there

I would have considered the drop off tour but we are not flying from Barcelona airport but Gerona, (we are flying with Ryan Air)

We have did airport drop off tours in the past for Fort Lauderdale & Baltimore.

Tripadvisor experts recommended the Kabul Hostel. They do have a luggage storage there, but when I e-mailed them they said that it's only for their guests (althought it's only 20€/night - too much for luggagae storage close to cruise terminal?).

Then there is the Sants train station as mentioned in http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/transport/baggage-storage-barcelona.html

The problem with this one is that their larger storage lockers are "½ a metre height, depth and breadth". If this is correct they aren't big enugh to store luggage.. Tricky.. Still trying to figure out what to do. Maybe we'll have to take a post-cruise tour. Flight leaving 3:10pm.

I'm sure I read on this board that someone had used a private taxi driver to tour for part of the first day. The taxi picked them up at the airport, stored all their luggage in the trunk and then took them on a personalized tour and dropped them at the ship. I bet you could do vice versa. If you do a search you'll probably get the contact info. Wish I could remember more.

We had a very positive experience with luggage storage when we got off Voyager on 7/8. Do be advised that the taxi line upon exiting the Voyager was AWFUl but it did move efficiently and we only waited about 40 minutes. We took a cab to the airport and in the central area there off to the left as you come in the front door there is a "left luggage center" with very large lockers. We had a mountain of bags and were able to fit all of it in two lockers to the tune of 4.5 euros per locker for the day. There is a guard there and the bags have to go through an xray machine but it is self serve besides that.

We then took the airporter bus back into the city for 1.75 euro per person. The airporter is a direct route bus that dumps you in Plaza de Catalonya by the Ingles department store. (I know I've butchered spelling here!) Since our flight wasn't until evening we had gone to the airport, dumped the bags, and taken the bus back into the city by 11 am. We spent a delightful day strolling Las Ramblas, having a nice lunch, doing some more shopping, etc. until taking the 1.75 euro bus directly back to the airport. Piece of cake!

Lisa

Archived