Just back from Triumph!!!

daynab

We are just back from our 7 day western cruise on the Triumph. We had an amazing time onboard and off the ship. The weather was superb the whole time. Sunny skies and no rain. The ship is in ecellent condition. A few areas of wear and tear but no obvious problems. The crew were some of the friendliest and most courteous ever.

The food was at times ok and other times excellent. It depended what you ordered. The grill and the pizza and caesar salad was great as always.

Camp Canival was amazing. My 3 and 6 year olds loved it and so did my 8 year old niece. They had activities all day and all night. They went for a few hours in the day and evening and then stayed a few hours each night for babysitting ( except one night- it was a sea day and they were there most of the afternoon and just wanted to go to sleep. The counsellors were great in both age groups.We did find alot of kids on our sailing that were not very well supervised by their parents.I think Carnival needs to rethink letting 9 year old sign themselevs out of camp. Personally I think 13 is a more appropriate age.

We had, I am told 1100 kids onboard. I think this means children under 18 years. That is alot of children. Most were well behaved and polite, but some definitely needed supervision.

We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. This was our BEST day. This beach is beautiful and immaculately maintained. The atmosphere is truly paradise. My kids had a blast and the food and drinks are amazing. The activitis are free, all you pay for are your fodd and drinks. The waiters will bring everything to you on the beach or you can go upstairs for lunch.

On grand Cayman we went to the public beach area on 7 mile beach. Beautiful white sands and warm clear water. It was another perfect day. We took a cab and ended up right next to the Marriott Courtyard, so we were able to rent chairs for 10 dollars each. It was great.

We then went shopping and my BIL bought a new Rolex for a great price. My husband bought me a beautiful sapphire and diamond ring for our 8th Anniversary coming up.

In jamaica we took the Carnival excursion to Duns river Falls and the went to Dolphin Cove. The falls are a sight to see. It was impossible for my 3 year old to do it, so my husband and I took turns climbing and gettinf off to stay with her. It was still a memorable day. Dolphin cove is very pretty and my son got to touch a dolphin and see it swim and jump playfully in the water which her loved. I think it was a little expensive, but hey someone has to pay to feed the dolphins right?

Overall, this was an amazing family vacation and the Triumph is a teriffic ship with a superb crew. To anyone sailing her in the near future, I hope you have as good a time as we did. Any questions feel free to ask. I'll help if I can.

Dayna

Dayna,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds and looks like you had an awesome time on the Triumph. We will be on her with our 2 girls age 2 and 4 in October(taking the eastern voyage). I am so glad to hear your kids had an awesome time. I sure hope mine will also.

Thanks for the excellent feedback on the ship.

MELANIE

<font color="Green">Carnival Fantasy April Fools Day 2004 04/01/04</Font> Our First Cruise

<font color="red">Carnival Triumph Oct 9th 2004</font> First Family Cruise

I love the Triumph. We had the same number of kids when we took our two trips on the Triumph and they were pretty well behaved too. I would go back on the Triumph in a heartbeat.

Triumph 7/8/00 (Eastern)

Triumph 7/28/01 (Western)

Glory 7/26/03 (Eastern)

Fantasy 7/4/04 (4 Night)

Thanks for the great review. We leave on the Triumph next Saturday for our first cruise. We are all very excited! Glad to hear you had great weather. How were the seas? Recent postings said the seas were pretty rough. Also, were there irons on board??

4/17/04 Triumph Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;4;18;00;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

great review...!! Glad the weather and seas cooperated.

And that the ship and staff are cruiser friendly.

6 days and counting.. icon_smile.gif

Hey 'rud'.. take an iron along and smuggle it in with your crockpot and deck chair, just in case there aren't any available! icon_rolleyes.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This much time until I leave to marry my best friend

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

USS 'Neversail' SanDiego 10/65

Thanks for the review.. sounds like you and your family had a fantastic time!

We are leaving in 5 weeks... same Western route we did last year..

We are going to Paradise Beach too! And 7 mile beach.. havent decided if we are going to visit the falls again....

What a difference a few weeks makes as far as the number of kids on board.... when we went last May 3rd, there were only 250 kids under 18 on the Triumph.

Thanks for sharing!

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

TRIUMPH AGAIN! May 2004

Returning to the TRIUMPH on MAY 15TH!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

rudreamin84, The seas were like sailing on glass. We only felt the ship moving one night, and that was very slightly. I amd guessing we had to boogie pretty fast the evening after Jamaica so that we could have a slow and steady day at sea on friday.

PS bring a small travel iron, and your own hair dryer. Also downy wrinkle release works well if you iron your clothes proir to packing.

Dayna

Dayna

To all of you travelling this week have agreat cruise and my you be blessed with good weather.

strlboo... hope your wedding is everything you've been envisioning.

Dayna

Just 3.5 weeks to go.......and the Cruisin KRAZY Caribe Crew will be "rock'n" the T with JH, Wee Jimmy and friends!

kangaroo.gif

aus.gif

Storm'n Norman & Skippy

The Aussie Cruise-a-holic Duo

Triumph 8th May "Cruisin KRAZY Caribe Crew" Social Directors

Cruise Photos @

http://community.webshots.com/user/stormnnorman

CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS (IN ABOVE LINK) FROM THE "STAR PRINCESS" (18TH OCTOBER 2003)!

http://community.webshots.com/user/justgotta

Dear Daynab

WE were also on that cruise and had a great time. We couldn't have asked for better weather!!! We also went to paradise beach, did captain marvins in caymans and Phil in Ocho rios. If anyone has any ? just let me know I'll be glad to answer them. This was our first cruise and it was very nice.. we were a little overwhelmed at first by the crowds but they dispersed after a couple of days when everyone got in to their own routines! bye for now

I am going through severe post cruise depression. So is the rest of our family. The weather here on Long Island has been horrible. The rain yesterday did not stop. My husband keeps saying " a week ago we were..." He's driving me insane. And he says we should wait 2 more years before our next cruise. ( We spent alot of Money!!) My 3 year old is also suffering. She keeps asking "mommy are we going to go to the buffet?" LOL. It surely was a trip to remember.

I don't think I can wait two whole year!!!

Dayna

Dear Daynab

We are also going through post cruise depression we live in orange county NY (not too far from you) and this weather is awful. My sixteen year old daughter met lots of teens on the cruise but didn't get anyones addresses etc.. she met a nice girl from long island named Ashley but doesn't know her last name.. would you happen to know?? She has become tearful a few times and told me she really regrets not getting emails or something. It is hard coming back to reality I must agree.

Hi Jean & Daynab,

Met you on the roll call board but didn't get to meet you in person last week.My kids met lots of new friends and my 13 y.o son has a serious case of puppy love for Lauren from Michigan who he met on the cruise. Our cruise was wonderful. NOw back to reality w/ some 16 hour work days, and the kids eating frozen pizza on my late nights.The best cure for post cruise depression is to immediately book another one.This gives you something to look forward to. The deposit is $250pp.and it is refundable til final payment if you change your mind. I know I'm ready to go again. Locked in to Spring break week- may think about the Valor.

Sorry NY Jean, don't know who Ashley is. I hope she finds her friend. Maybe her parent is on this board.

mwebb, don't think I could convince hubby to book right now. With all that I bought for this cruise, I have some serious bill paying to do. Which will probably mean some extra shifts at the hospital.

More rain here in NY today, son's first Tball game cancelled. He is so disappointed. We keep daydreaming about the cruise.

take care,

Dayna

Dayna

Thanks for the good wishes.. I'm sure our wedding will turn out wonderful.. How can I miss with a beautiful woman? She's a 'sweetheart'!

Can wait any longer... leavin' in the AM for Miami! icon_smile.gif

Dave

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This much time until I leave to marry my best friend

odie_anm.gif

Triumph 4/04

Imagination 5/00

OceanBreeze 11/96

USS 'Neversail' SanDiego 10/65

Hi guys

I sent Sarah to the Lido bar after the muster drill because I had to be with the six year old who was just dead tired! We didn't know which bar you meant there are actually three on that level and all of them were next to the pools. Sorry we didn't get together. Sarah met Kim and her two sons. That was a great cruise. I didn't spend that much but tips sure do add up don';t they?? I mean someone stops to say "hi" and I hand them $5!!

Will probably do another cruise next year maybe something more exotic. I will start checking in to possibliities in another month or two. Jean

Hi all

We missed meeting any of you because we were late to the bar by the pool area after the muster. But we had a fanastic time icon_smile.gif- did we ever luck out on weather!!!!! We have a severe case of cruise withdrawal. Our 6 year old is making towel animals (Our steward, Anne Marie taught him) and we keep wishing Fu And Plamen (our waiters) would just show up to feed us!!!My hubby said this was the best vacation we have ever had- he could eat all day and read 7 books!!! Now he has a horrible cold and wishes he was relaxing on that chair.

My daughter didn't go to the teen camp after the first day but she cant' wait to cruise again. My son was a little disappointed with the camp because he didn't get to play video games because "the big kids were always on them". It was such a great family vacation and all the kids on board didn't cause any problems for us. It actually felt more homey and safe.

I'm going to write a day by day for people who haven't cruised before -I read one before we left and it helped lot.

It was actually in the 70's here in Washington state while we were gone and is now in the 50's and 60's so we won't lose our tans too soon. It's just the yard work I hate- we have 2 1/2 acres to take care of- now you know why the cruise was so wonderful for us!

Beth

Archived