liquor in your cabin

azrenne

We are sailing on the conquest in June and was wondering if you can order a bottle of Gin to your cabin. We have sailed on Princess several time and was able to do so on them. Does any one know?

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Royal Caribbean Monarch Of The Seas 11/02

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Carnival Conquest 6/13/04

Carnival will not deliver bottles to your cabin. However, newer ships have a mini-bar but the price is just as much as in the bar if not more.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

This is the case where you buy the gin at home in the plastic bottle, wrap it in something and place in a plastic bag in your checked luggage. Your room steward will keep your ice bucket full and not tell anyone about your "little secret". icon_wink.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/04

Ahhh, Bunkie, that's the 'spirit' (no pun intended). This is exactly what we plan on doing for a few cocktails in our room!

Lisa and Mark icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - '94

Royal Majesty - '96

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our date with Victory

Thats what we will do. I will hit the liqior store in New Oleans before we get on the ship.

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Does you ever get caught if the booze is in your checked luggage? And if they catch you are you in big trouble or do they just keep it until the end of the cruise? We are planning on taking two suitcases and placing one bottle in each in the hopes if they catch one the other one will make it through. How do you get it onboard from the ports? Don't they xray everything you bring on from each port? Also can we have sissors,razer blades and nail clippers in our checked luggage. We will be coming to NYPort in a van so will not be on any airline.Thanks for all the help!

Laura

Laurab23, If they catch you they just keep it till you get off the ship, most of the time they never catch the booze in the bag. You can take nail clippers and razers on board in checked luggage. Have a great cruise!

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Water bottles work wonders for the clear liquor.

lieb24.gif

Official member of O.A.T.C.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;2;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we fool around on the Miracle!

Ecstacy, Western Carib. Sept '99

Pride, Mexican Riv. Feb '04 <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/sweetcharlotte30

" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/sweetcharlotte30

</A>

Yesterday is history

Tomorrow is a mystery

And today is a gift.

According to my travel agent, The TSA (Transportation Safety Administration) not Carnival does all screening of the checked bags now and the TSA could care less in you if you have liquor in your checked bags, but that Carnival still has a representative at the carry on screening area

In port we bought a few small bottles, pints I guess, and my DH just put them in his back pocket and walked on the ship. No one said a word. icon_biggrin.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/04

We packed a box of wine, bottle of rum, dozen beer and a dozen pop in our checked baggage. Everything arrived at our cabin completely intact and your room steward is not the least concerned about it. We also bought a bottle of rum in Jamaica and I just carried it in my bag onboard. We had considered transferring it to our water bottle as some have suggested but thought it was too much trouble. We figured, if they take it, so what we'll get it back at the end of the cruise. As it turned out they actually checked the water bottle that my hubby was carrying but didn't ask or look in my bag. So there you go!

On rare occasions people have had liquor confiscated from there checked luggage. One case I can remember is a scuba diving knife was in the same bag as thier liquor, the x-ray detected the knife, the bag was pulled and taken to the pursers desk and had to be claimed and opened there. The liquor was held to the end of the cruise and the knife was held by the purser and could be checked out for the dive tour only.

Archived