Back from Rhapsody of the Seas: Fashion/Attire Observed...

monakayk

I just returned from our 7 day cruise with RCCL: Rhapsody of the Seas (9/10/06-0/17/06) and wanted to make this review about the fashions/attires I observed while on board.

MOST people were dressed VERY nicely on the 2 formal nights. Only a handful, that I noticed, had casual pants/jeans on those 2 nights.

Most women were dressed 'to the nines'/long formal dresses or cocktail party attire, men in suits/tux. Many of the formal dresses I noticed were very slim-lined and not very full in the skirt. On the 1st formal night (which most of the formals and attire were fancier) the main color theme for women's dresses and attire was black. Women wore their finest jewelry or very sparkle/bling-bling jewelry. Women had their hair styled very well and even wore sparkle-rhinestone barrettes in their hair. Women had both open & closed toe shoes on. I also observed shoes with rhinestones on them that made them more formal, but plain-basic black heels were worn also. Women carried evening bags...both basic-dress black or gold or silver with or without beads/rhinestones. There was a mixture of dark suits on men. From dark blue, black to brown. Ties were always worn by men in suits. There were some tux, as I mentioned but most men had suits on. Tux were wonderful to see and they are easily available to rent on board the ship.

We enjoyed the formal nights. It gave us a night to really 'celebrate' in a way we usually are unable to in our routine lives.

Other nights in the dinning room: tropical attire/Hawaiian shirts/resort casual/docker pants/polo shirts were the norm. I really did not see many people in jeans during dinner.

Shorts on both men and women were worn at breakfast and lunch in the main dinning room.

Swimsuits had cover-ups----which were more like tropical shifts, long or short. There were a few 'see-through' type swimsuit cover-ups worn by women around the pool area, but I did not see anyone with this type of cover-ups in the buffet and most certainly NOT in the main dinning room.

I hope this helps those who have concerns about attire on board. The main thing I noticed from all pax on board...they were all having a wonderful time and fashion was not an issue to the people I was around.

The main advice I can give is: look neat, clean and be comfortable and dress in whatever type of clothes you wish. Formal nights if you prefer jeans, no one will say anything to you as you enter the main dinning room, however you will be among the VERY few who dress in that type of attire and will stick out like a sore thumb. If that doesn't bother you...then go for it.

:) Have fun, don't worry about what you wear and Happy Cruising!:)

Thanks for posting this. It is pretty typical of what I've seen on our 7 day cruises. The shorter cruises tend to be way more casual.

You're absolutely right about the people onboard the ship. I think you get a lot more attitude about clothes on a message board than while actually cruising!

It sounds like you had a good time :)

• 1 month later...

Swimsuits had cover-ups----which were more like tropical shifts, long or short. There were a few 'see-through' type swimsuit cover-ups worn by women around the pool area, but I did not see anyone with this type of cover-ups in the buffet and most certainly NOT in the main dinning room.

:) Have fun, don't worry about what you wear and Happy Cruising!:)

Was there any women using xtra big t-shirts as cover-ups over their swimsuits going into the windjammer? or were they using a "surong"?

Thanks

Becki

Becki,

Yes, I've seen women wear Big t-shirts over their swimsuits and go into the windjammer. You just don't want your swimsuits to be wet and go into the windjammer:D Not pleasant for the person coming in and sitting behind you in the chair you just left:eek:

I loved the Rhapsody. I've been on the Rhapsody 7 times. I will definitely miss the Rhapsody after next year.:(

Was there any women using xtra big t-shirts as cover-ups over their swimsuits going into the windjammer? or were they using a "surong"?

Thanks

Becki

Becki,

To be honest, on our cruise I did not see any women wearing in the Windjammer any LARGE T-shirts as the ONLY cover up. Some women did wear T-shirts but had on shorts also. So I could not tell if they were used as a swimsuit cover up or just as their outfit.

I would suggest to at least wear shorts over your suit. The cafe is air conditioned and you would feel more comfortable, I would assume, with something more to wear...just so you don't freeze.

:)Happy Cruising!:)

Archived