Bahamas--golf

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:34 PM.
wilmington, DE USA
13 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Does anyone have any golf suggestions for the bahamas? If so, can you recommend a course, way to get there, get back, etc?

Thanks !!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS 7/11/04
WE'RE DOING IT THE GREY WAY!
Albany, New York
5,985 Posts
Joined May 2002
The closest golf course to the port of Nassau would be on Paradise Island. There is also another course just beyond the airport on New Providence
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival 13
Norwegian 7
Celebrity 4
Royal 3
Princess 2

184 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Hi.

We just got back yesterday from Nassau. My husband and his friend played the Radisson Cable Beach Golf Club. It is a 10 minute cab drive ($20 each way) from the pier. The greens fee was $60. I thought this was quite inexpensive. We live in Florida near Disney and are accustomed to $100+. I did quite a bit of research to set this up for the hubby. The Cable Beach is the only one that you can play unless you are a guest at the Atlantis. The Atlantis has had their own course with the guest-ony provision for a while. However, they just bought the Paradise Island golf course as well. My husband and his friend enjoyed their round very much. They said the greens are in good shape although the course is a short course. It is not directly on the ocean but you can see the ocean from many of the holes. They said everyone at the course was very helpful. I do not have the phone number anymore but I located it using google and then called to reserve the tee-times. We kept the clubs in our room and they carried them to the cab themselves. They have smalled bags for travel and I think the fact that they were lighter made it much easier to transport.

Have a great time.
Andrea
wilmington, DE USA
13 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Thank you so much, Andrea. I will be sure to pass this information along to the golfers!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS 7/11/04
WE'RE DOING IT THE GREY WAY!
Los Angeles, CA
713 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
you could definitely catch the #10 and get off - just $1 each way - but i dunno if you could ride with a full set of golf clubs.

btw, cable beach is a nice course, esp for the money - the others are nicer, but substantially bigger bucks to play!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
David
facebook | google+ | twitter
Victory (11/15) | Golden Princess (02/15) | Divina (04/14) | Pearl (10/13) | Poesia (03/13) | Epic (10/12) | Sapphire Princess (06/07) | Zuiderdam (05/05)
Seabreeze (02/00) | Oceanic (10/99) | Dawn Princess (11/98) | Jubilee (04/97) | Ecstasy (12/95) | Oceanic (08/94) | Emerald Seas (05/74)
12,010 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by Tarkus
you could definitely catch the #10 and get off - just $1 each way - but i dunno if you could ride with a full set of golf clubs.

btw, cable beach is a nice course, esp for the money - the others are nicer, but substantially bigger bucks to play!
Yes, the jitney passes the course, but lugging your clubs up to the club house would be a chore. It's a bit of a hike from the main road.
Lovingston, VA 22949
1,383 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
I have friends on the Majesty of the Seas in a few weeks. They are interested in palying golf. They both play so you think Cable Beach resort would be pretty good?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past Cruises:
NCL Seaward, RCCL Sovereign of the Seas, Carnival Ecstasy-2, RCCL Majesty of the Seas, Carnival Fantasy-2, Nordic Empress, Carnival Destiny-2, Carnival Inspiration, HAL Veendam, Dawn Princess, HAL Maasdam, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Valor-2, Disney Wonder, Carnival Pride-2, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Fascination-2, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL Voyager of the Seas, Carnival Sensation, RCCL Mariner of the Seas, RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, RCCL Monarch of the Seas, RCCL Jewel of the Seas, NCL Sky, NCL Pearl, Carnival Dream, RCCL Freedom of the Seas, Carnival Splendor, RCCL Independence of the Seas, Carnival Legend, NCL Sun, Carnival Breeze, Island Princess, Disney Dream, Viking Forseti, Disney Magic, Carnival Magic, RCCL Adventure of the Seas, NCL Star