Tipping on land portion of cruisetour

dkelly2323

Not to put too fine a point on it, but your guide will most likely mention it at some point during the land portion. You usually tip them on the last day, providing both the driver and guide have been with you the entire time.

You can also check with your cruiseline for suggested guidelines. or us, it all depends upon how knowledgeable and helpful the land personnel are, but we always use the guidelines as a starting point.

Charlie

To take this question one step further, how should I tip tour owner/operators? I am flying with Michelle at Island Wings, going whale watching with Floyd at F.I.S.H.E.S and doing the glacier helicopter ride with Coastal. Any information on what you feel is appropriate would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the info but can anyone tell me what they tipped on their land portion of a cruisetour. I am budgeting for the whole year and am trying to get my expenses nailed down. thanks in advance

That's totally up to you. If you figure your cabin attendant on the ship is $3.50-4.00 pp per day, I usually cut that down to $2.50 per person, per day for the driver and that same $2.50 per person per day for the guide. Because my husband would be $5 and I would be $5, so that's a total of $10 per day in tips. But as Budget Queen says, I'm sure when you get your docs there will be some sort of guideline for the land portion, the same as for the cruise portion. I did send HAL an email and ask if the $10 per day would also be done for the land portion, and they said no, only the 3 days at sea. But that's totally up to you, if you want to give them $10 per day go for it.:p

Archived