military rates

wasup254

They only apply military rates for some sailings, there have been numerous threads on here about the problems with RCL recognizing that people who serve less than 20 years don't usually have any kind of id card, much less the blue retiree id card. A recent thread said that RCL CS told someone that the DD214 is acceptable as proof of service, but there is nothing in writing yet to TA's, or on the web site that says this. We all know that if you call RCL CS and ask three different people a question, you'll get three different and most times, conflicting answers. I would call RCL and ask for a definitive answer in writing on RCL letterhead to present at check in with my DD214, well, with my retiree id card in my case.

I will call RCCL on Monday to get the info regarding this.

Lady_G

If you guys are still active duty, you can go to the ITT office at the Weapons Station, or Charleston AFB to check on ticket prices as well. Just food for thought.

Edited to add, or Reserve, National Guard, or retired. Also, if you strike out with those, email me and I will tell you about services offered through the VA, very nice perk. My email is in my sig.

I tried to go back and edit my post above to include Reserves, National Guard and retired, but no luck, I'm having lots of trouble with the board lately. If you strike out with RCL and ITT, drop me an email and I'll tell you about the VA services available for veterans, my email is in my sig.

We cruised on the Brilliance of the Seas, December 11th, at a military rate. We brought a copy of my DH's dd214 papers with us...they never asked to see them...no mention of the MR, at all. Just the usual check-in process. DH served in the National Guard, 7 years, honorably discharged.

I didnt' know that RCCL gives military discounts!!! We are set to make final payment this Tuesday! What is the discount? My fiance is retired military. Thanks! Also.....my TA said that the final payment was due on the 15th. Hummmm....I am ready to make that payment but that is a holiday. I'm worried that since she didn't call me something might go wrong with that! Any input?:confused:

The email that we received from RCL is from Sara Moore, Customer Service Representative. I have kept a copy of the email also. Let me know if you want me to copy what it says here.

It talks about the WHITE card for the Active personnel, including National Guard or Reserves; Retired has a TAN card. Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years is the DD 214; Spouses have a PINK card.

The email that we received from RCL is from Sara Moore, Customer Service Representative. I have kept a copy of the email also. Let me know if you want me to copy what it says here.

It talks about the WHITE card for the Active personnel, including National Guard or Reserves; Retired has a TAN card. Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years is the DD 214; Spouses have a PINK card.

Hey, it'd be great if you'd copy and paste it here. That way people would at least have something to go from. Thanks!

We are getting the military discount for our upcoming cruise. My husband was honorably discharged after 8 years. We were just asked to show DD214 upon checkin. We saved about $600.00 and now when I check they no longer have the military rate for this cruise. There was also only a select few cabins on this sailing that it was offered on.

Umm-all currently serving soldiers have a WHITE id/common access card. Active duty dependants have TAN or ORANGE cards. Retirees have BLUE cards. Reserve component dependants have PINK or RED cards. any of those should be acceptable forms of ID. From what i have been able to learn the use of DD214's for honorable discharge for this discount is acceptable-but differnt people get differnt information.

I believe they are accepting anything that proves you were in the military or are currently in the military. In the email that we received, she tried to cover everything. I'm sure RCL has no way of knowing how many different "colors" are on cards. They are not excluding anyone, they just want some form of "proof".

HMMMM....I got my honorable in 91 from the Marines and my ID is pink.

If you were dicharged not retired what is your eligibility for an ID? are you individual ready reserve? or married to another military member who is a reservist?

HMMMM....I got my honorable in 91 from the Marines and my ID is pink.

If you were dicharged not retired what is your eligibility for an ID? are you individual ready reserve? or married to another military member who is a reservist?

discharged, not retired, no ID card

IRR, which are personnel who served 2, 4 or 6 years, but haven't reached 8 years from their enlistment date, no ID card

spouse of reservist, I honestly don't know, they used to have a regular dependent ID, but had to show a LES at the Exchange/Commissary, now they don't have to show LES anymore, but I think they still are eligible for dependent ID

The Royal Caribbean site states that active duty and retired (minimum of two years service or medical) are eligible for the program. All retired military personnel, thier spouses and dependant children under 22 years of age should have military ID cards with a photograph. The first time I used this program I had my TA forward a copy of my DD214, showing my retirement from the Marine Corps. When we arrived at the port my wife and I had our ID cards ready, but they were not requested.

The military discount seems to be handled just as the senior (over 55), and state discounts are. There have been cases of people getting senior or state discounts requested by thier TA, but when checking in at the cruise terminal thier ID (driver's license) showed that they were under 55 or from an ineligible state. In this case RCI will charge the difference in price. If you have a question about eligibility, be sure to get the information you need in writing, you don't want to be held up at boarding.

Petert

yep the pink ID card would be from the IRR time-under certain circumstances IRR used to get ID cards-should have expired long ago

Yes reservists spouses get a dependant id card-or should -just getting it makes sure you are kosher in DEERS-one less thing to worry about when your sponser gets mobilized! We dont show LES at the commissary because the restriction on use of it to once per month has been removed.

Archived