1st day on Ecstasy

kajsb

I did Ecstacy last year and just got off Glory last week. I can offer a comparison:

Glory was in great shape, Ecstacy looked worn and dated (no surprise there).Carpet is worn, too much neon, some things were broken. However, it was clean.

Food- Ecstacy lacks the food choices on bigger ships, but... dining room was better. Food was fresher. Some of the same items I had were of better quality on Ecstacy. For example, the mushroom was great on Ecstacy, but on Glory was yuck, as if they used non fat milk.

Entertainemt- hard to believe, but was better on the four day Ecstacy than Glory!

Opening show on Ecstacy gave us comedien, five minutes of a great CR,contortionist, and dancers.

Glory gave 40 minutes of boring CR and 25 minutes of comedien

Both comedienes on Ecstacy were better than latter two on Glory.

If they still have violinist Billy Armstrong as featured entertainer, you'll love him!

All in all, Ecstacy is still a great cruise. The ship is dated, but the food, crew, service and entertainment really make up for it. One really special touch:

At debarkation, the CR thanked every person as they left for cruising CCL and walked up and down the line adlibbing jokes.

I will be on this ship out of Galveston in Dec. am wondering if the staff will remain the same or change? seems as if this staff is very good,I know that it will be in dry dock for a few weeks before coming here,just curious about the staff,have a nice cruise and thanks for the info.

These are really funny posts read with the 'wrong' frame of mind.

“we are thinking of Ecstasy for Thanksgiving”

”I did Ecstacy last year…the mushroom was great on Ecstacy…Both comedienes on Ecstacy were better…”

Kathy, you little rascal. :D

So, you did get away so soon after your PRIDE cruise. Does this mean you going to forgo the SPIRIT out of San Diego this Fall? :confused: Or are you so loaded with money and time that you're going to do this itinerary also? :rolleyes: Oh ! I forgot about that regulatory bribery thing.....LOL :D

Have a great cruise, give us a review of one of my favorite classes of ships, the Fantasy Class (Have only been on her sister the ELATION).

> “we are thinking of Ecstasy for Thanksgiving”

>

>”I did Ecstacy last year…the mushroom was great on Ecstacy…

>Both comedienes on Ecstacy were better…”

We were on the ship earlier this month. The "late night" comedian commented...

"What were they thinking? Didn't anybody tell them Ecstasy is a drug? Is their next ship going to be the Carnival Crack Cocaine?"

We were falling out of our chairs laughing.

We liked the ship. Perfect for a 4-day. Small enough that you could learn your way around.

Yes, there is still a lot of neon. The first time we wandered into the Saphire Grill (Lido deck) at night was a bit of a shock; it was like being underwater because every light was blue.

The dinning rooms were not so bad (quite nice actually) and our suite was more than comfortable. The bathroom was starting to show some wear-and-tear but no more than we've run into in many hotels.

Eric

sha 308,

I checked with the purser. Some of the staff will stay and some will go. While in dry dock, they don't need all 900 employees. So some with transfer to another ship and some will go home.

Gary,

I've had this trip planned for a few months as a surprise for my mom who turns 80 this year. I've faced up to the fact that I will probably have to wait to book the Spirit until 01/06. :mad: or I can go the bribery route or found some rich guy (like that would ever happen in my lifetime) of ????? I am a state employee so I can't afford to book as often as I would like. :D But, I do have to book a cruise and find someone who will plan on going with me! I couldn't deal with PCD unless I know I have something to look forward to even if it will be 01/06.

I've posted some pictures of the Ecstasy cruise here. She is still a beautiful ship. But, I did find myself comparing everything to the Pride. The Ecstasy is like driving a classic car, and the Pride is your brand new one. Both are fantastic, but the newer model has all the bells and whistles.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=49579

I am not a sushi lover but I did give it a try. I know there were only four items at the sushi bar and one was the California roll. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the other three were. Sorry.

Archived