Beer Question

Any recent Royal cruisers notice or actually consumed the wheat beer brewed exclusively for Royal ships? It was supposed to be a "limited time" kind of thing but I last heard it was going to be available indefinately. I'll be sailing on the Enchantment in a couple weeks and wondered if I'll be able to try some.

Thanks

It's bottled beer (don't remember the cost). DH and I found it quite tasty on our Splendour cruise in January.

What's Brewing Over at Royal Caribbean?

From the above-linked article dated January 19, 2007:

Royal Legendary Belgian Ale is a limited-time offering on all ships -- but a spokeswoman tells us that due to its popularity there's no end date in mind and that the line will continue production in the immediate future.
Hoping it's still available on our October cruise on Voyager. :cool:

Bells Oberon and Blue Moon are very popular wheat style beers around my area and are served with an orange slice. It is a very nice summer beer so the Royal beer should be especially refreshing....
I've never had Blue Moon but the author of the article I linked in my previous post compares Royal to Blue Moon.

My buddies and I drank a few while on the Majesty and to be honest, we can handle a fair amount of beer, but this beer got us very relaxed very fast (AKA drunk)

We will be steering clear of it when we sail on the Liberty for sure!!!

Lemon is traditional for wheat beers, haven't done the orange. I tell you servers often give me odd looks when I request lemon. They all pretty much know about the lime in Mexican pilsners tho.

You are correct that lemons go well with Hefes and many other wheat beers.

Belgian white ales however are traditionally served with an orange. Belgian whites are a wheat cousin of the hefe'.

Quote from Royal website:

Quote:

Royal Legendary Belgian Ale is a limited-time offering on all ships -- but a spokeswoman tells us that due to its popularity there's no end date in mind and that the line will continue production in the immediate future.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Explorer and tried Royal Beer based on reading this thread before we went. It was a wonderful beer although difficult to come by. Only a few bars had it. At the meet and mingle one of the staff said she had been with RCI for 4 years and hadn't heard of it.

7.5% alcohol content. $3.95 plus gratuity.

Archived