Long Beach Hotel with Park and Sail

bunnkins

Hi, I tried doing a search but didnt find what I was looking for. I'm hopeing someone can give a recomendation for a good hotel with park and sail packages. We usually stay at Sheratons or Westins but the Westin in over 400 per night per room and we need 2 rooms for all of us. Anyone stayed in some other hotel that offers this? There is 5 of us and we are sailing in July. I'd like to get it booked with summer coming so we know we have rooms. Thanks!

Marion:)

Why not stay on the Queen Mary? It is so nice to wake up and see the cruise ship in port, right next to her. The food is good on the Queen Mary also. I know she isn't as fancy as some, but her history alone is worth the stay. Queen Mary also offers parking for while you are cruising.

There is the Coast Hotel in Long Beach, which is very nice apparently.

I am staying at the Guest House International Hotel in Long Beach. They don't advertise a stay and sail package, but I called them and they will let you keep your car there for the week for free, and offer a free shuttle to and from the pier. At least for the dates that I'm traveling, a night at the Guest House International is CHEAPER than 8 days of parking at the Long Beach Pier.

We have always stayed the Best Western Long Beach. They have a park and cruise special where when you stay the night at their hotel they will garage your car for the week (in an underground garage) and shuttle you over and back to the port! I think we paid near $100 for this and thought it was a great deal! Have stayed there twice now and would do it again if I got to go again!

We've done the Park and Sail at the Coast Hotel twice. The hotel is very nice and very close to the pier, you can see the ship from some of the rooms. But it is kind of expensive, about $230 I think (including breakfast for 2 and inclusive of taxes, which can add up elsewhere). There are some pics of the Coast in my signature.

The Coast Hotel is nothing more than a 3 star hotel, so if you ar use to 4 stars, you may be disappointed... especially for a couple hundred bucks.

I'm staying at a hotel about 5 miles from the port that has a Park and cruise program. Decent 3 star Best Western type hotel... exterior corridors... nothing to write home about... but I'm only paying $85 a night and not $200.

If you like the Westin or Sheritin, you might consider Priceline for a better price. But I believe you have to pay for parking, even as a guest of the hotel.

There is some good info on the "western departures" thread. I would read up there.

I was able to get the Coast Hotel for 2 nights in June for $ 209.00 total. We are AAA members so was able to get it cheaper through there... We have stayed there 2 times before and have never been disappointed. It is so close that you can see your ship when it arrives. Ours sons wanted to stay there again!! Just look on the boards and you should be able to make a decision on where to stay.

yes the coast is $189 a night for the park and sail, but i got the queen mary for $108 a night from aaa for a luxury suite and then you can pay $12 a night for parking. would rather stay at the queen and be a part of history.:D

I'd park at the pier... it's about 100 yards from the ship. Parking at the hotel would be a lot more work. Ends up costing about $96.

This is why I chose a hotel with park and ride that is 5 miles from the port, about a 10 minute ride. They have a free shuttle to take you and pick you up at the Port, and the price is $85. Price including tax is $96.

I look at it as getting a free night's stay for the price of parking.

And this Hotel has a very nice pool. My wife and I just lounge and swim the day before, and have cocktails by the pool. It's nice having our vacation start a day early.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Venture Man - what is the name of the hotel you are using that has parking for the week plus a shuttle to the pier? Just what we've been looking for!

Thanks in advance for the info.

Roy W.

Venture Man - what is the name of the hotel you are using that has parking for the week plus a shuttle to the pier? Just what we've been looking for!

Thanks in advance for the info.

Roy W.

It's the Guest House International Hotel, Long Beach. On VentureMan's referral we stayed there the night before our Pride cruise.

http://www.guesthouselb.com/home.html

Not a fancy place, but nice and clean - comfy beds - very friendly service - and it was cheaper than parking at the pier, plus we got to start our vacation a day early.;) When we were there it was too cold (and rainy) for us to consider swimming, but the pool looked very nice. They have a nice continental breakfast in the morning too with belgian waffle makers (yummy). Just let them know when you are checking in that you will be leaving your car there for the week. They will have you fill out a form and give you a little thing to put in your car window, then they will give you your choice of shuttle times, and that's it.

OceanDreamin - Thanks very much for the information. Sounds like a place for us to stay in September just before a Golden Princess cruise.

On the hotel web site they mention a Brazilian style restaurant - do you recall if that is on premises or just nearby?

Thanks again.

Roy W.

OceanDreamin - Thanks very much for the information. Sounds like a place for us to stay in September just before a Golden Princess cruise.

On the hotel web site they mention a Brazilian style restaurant - do you recall if that is on premises or just nearby?

Thanks again.

Roy W.

The Brazilian restaurant is right next door. An easy walk through the parking lot. It is a buffet all-you-can eat place, a bit on the up-scale side. We did not eat there, but went in. I think it was about $25.00 per person for dinner. It sure smelled yummy, but I had a picky 5 year old in tow, so we opted for the Italian Pizza place that is just a little further down the street (they will also deliver if you don't want to go to them). The pizza place delivers, not the Brazilian place.

Thanks for the information on the restaurant. We ate in a Churrascaria restaurant in Rio and it was outstanding. I would imagine the same type of restaurant here, catering even more to North American tastes, would be really worthwhile. We'll probably give it a try.

Thanks again,

Roy W.

Archived