Zenith

sabast1

I haven't been on the Celebrity boards for a while, but I was in Freeport, GBI last week on the RCCL Grandeur OTS and snapped this photo...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2059439270074136004kIohlV

I couldn't get close enough to it to see what ship it was, but when I got home and studied the picture a little bit I realized it was the Zenith. So what happened to her...did they sell her off? is she being refurbished? what gives?

Scott

There have been numerous threads about this, but basically she was traded to Pullmantur (after Royal Caribbean merged Pullmantur) for two R class ships - the Journey and Quest. Celebrity has started a new deluxe cruiseline called Azamara with those two ships keeping Dan Hanrahan president of both lines.

Last year RCCL bought Pullmantur lines.

Pullmantur has traded what is now Azamara Journey and Quest for the Zenith.

Zenith will no longer belong to Celebrity, however it is still under the corporate umbrella. The two traded ships Journey and Qest which were thought to be added to Celebrities Expedition series have now been named under a sub company of Celebrity, AZAMARA Cruise lines.

The old Zenith will now be in Europe

http://www.pullmanturcruises.com/

Hope that helps with your questions....

Dave:eek:

BTW: I believe the drydock is to fit Zenith with balconies before starting its Meditterranian voyages.:)

BTW2: We love Zenith and might just have to do a Pullmantur cruise on her!

Thank you for all of your responses.

My wife and I took our first cruise on the Zenith back in 2002 when we were just dating. She holds a special place in our hearts...and she got us hooked on cruising.

Scott

Thank you for all of your responses.

My wife and I took our first cruise on the Zenith back in 2002 when we were just dating. She holds a special place in our hearts...and she got us hooked on cruising.

Scott

Thanks for the pictures..

Dave:

I can assure you that you might have a nice time sailing Zenith in Europe. Having sailed on Pullmantur's Holiday Dream in the Caribbean this February I was most surprised how great a time we had. Pros and cons of course like any cruise. Minor problem - most passengers are Spanish but most of the staff did speak English. Best thing about Pullmantur - all their ships are all-inclusive and include most drinks alcohol and non-alcohol.

Archived