Seat Selection for Delta 767-300

junglejane

I'm hoping some of you experts can help me with this question. My family of four is booked on Delta next June, flying PHX-ATL-VCE and returning BCN-ATL-PHX. After booking our flights, I went to the seatguru website to get help with seat selection. For the ATL-VCE and BCN-ATL flights, I picked 18A&B for our kids and 18C&D for myself and DH. 18C&D were shown as green seats with extra legroom, although the proximity to the lavatory could be bothersome.

Being an obsessive sort of person, I keep constantly checking back. Now I see that seatguru has changed 18C&D to white seats. I tried emailing them to ask why, but got an automated response saying they usually can't respond to individual inquiries. I'm wondering whether I should move our seats. If 18C&D don't really have extra legroom, then I don't want to be right next to the restroom.

Anyone know why these seats were "downgraded" on seatguru. Or do you have any other recommendations/suggestions for me? The ATL-VCE flight is wide open right now, but the BCN-ATL flight is filling up, so if I'm going to change I'd like to do so soon.

Thanks, Junglejane

Those flights are operated by DL using 767-300ER aircraft. I am not sure why you would have been picking row 18 - this is a row immediately in front of the lavs. There would have been no reason (bulkhead or exit) for there to be extra legroom, IMO. Are you sure you looked at the 767-300ER - it is the 767-400 that has Row 18 with a bulkhead in front for a bit more room. If row 18 on a -300ER was previously marked for more legroom, I would suspect that was in error.

Personally, in your situation, I would be more likely to pick 2 seats on the "outside" in two successive rows. This way, you could communicate with your children forward and back, rather than across an aisle. Also, you could give each child a window, with a parent next to them. Or switch seating during flight within your "block" of 4 seats. This way, no one has a "stranger" in the adjoining seat, as you would with seat 18D. Given recent load factors, I wouldn't book seats hoping for an empty aisle/middle in my row.

There is no plethora of great seats on a DL 767 -- sorry.

I'm sure I was previously looking at the 767-300ER. I checked it several times. I wish we were flying on the 767-400 because it has the power ports in economy. I think you're right that it must've been a mistake that seatguru has since corrected. I'm going to switch us to two successive rows of outsides, as you suggested.

Thanks very much for responding.

--Junglejane

Archived