Stern Cabins on PG

Hi...

We just stayed in one of those cabins in May. The large middle one...767 I think. We loved it. We occasionally heard the scraping of chairs or the area being hosed off, but it was not a problem and the view was spectacular.

I would request one of those cabins again in a heartbeat!

murphysmum;)

We were in 765 and LOVED it. To us, having a shower only is a plus - the bathtub is like wasted space for us - we only use the shower anyway. The balconies are bigger than the (more costly) category B that we had on a prior sailing. It's great to be at the back of the ship when sailing out of port, too.

Laurelguy, I think you will be very pleased with your choice! :) But yes, they do book up quickly. ORV, perhaps you could waitlist for one?

I didn't sail in one of those, but the head of housekeeping took me around on a little tour of rooms before I left last week. I was so impressed with the extra space & balconies on those rooms. For me, the lack of a bathtub is a deal breaker, but otherwise they are all a nice option.

We were in a cat E, so no balcony, and that is my only regret regarding the cruise. We were actually booked in a cat C originally, but were offered an incentive to give it up (after they overbooked, lol) so ended up doing the "down grade."

I did notice a lot more movement in the aft cabins though (that's where ours was located as well) -- if you're prone to seasickness at all, given the size of the boat, they may not be the best choice for you??

Hello again...

I've already posted about loving the cabin location, but said nothing about the bathrooms.

For those concerned about the lack of tub/shower only....The showers are quite large and the bathrooms fairly spacious and well appointed. I like tubs too, but in Tahiti with the lovely warm air, tropical waters and humidity, I never really wished that I could soak in a warm tub of water. The shower was quite refreshing.

Just something to think about when making your decision.

Tahiti is now on my list of places to "repeat" several times; I don't know why I never visited sooner.

Enjoy!

murphysmum;)

These Boards are the greatest and PG Rules! I am a flat-out Tahiti addict and have found the "Paul" to be the only way to go. Thanks to those who commented on the aft cabins on deck seven...Believe it or not, many are sold out for NEXT summer..'09..but I snagged one on the 11-nighter in May. Yippee!

See you onboard!:cool: :cool: :cool:

I had Cabin 767 on the June 14 sailing and found a lot of prop vibration and noise related to it (squeaks and rattles) but loved the additional room size and large veranda. The shower is great and the bath area very spacious.

The crew of the PG is top notch and provides the usual wonderful Regent experience.

Archived