When Booking..

Hombre59

If I go through a TA, should I be getting anything special for booking through the TA and not just booking it myself? Or? I ask because I have read people got OBC, or wine, or something that as a small extra perk.

-Thanks.

I guess the answer to this question is no, they are not required to give you anything other than good service. If you are lucky though, you will find one that gives you a little extra like OBC to go with your service.

Thats what I thought, I guess some of them just do it to get your business over someone elses. Thanks ~!

I have been through 4 TAs and finally found one my 5th time around that helps me when I need it, is easy to contact, answers my questions, and offers OBC on every booking. If you are not happy with your service, you are free to move on and keep searching.

Here's a good one for ya.

I booked a B2B for my family of 3, and a B2B for my parents. The total cost for both cruises (both us and the folks) was about $15K. The TA I used is a "friend" of mine, and what did we get from her???

Absolutely NOTHING.

I have never used her, or any other TA again. I control my bookings.

Okay.....I'm a control freak anyways, but the above is a true story.

Here's a good one for ya.

I booked a B2B for my family of 3, and a B2B for my parents. The total cost for both cruises (both us and the folks) was about $15K. The TA I used is a "friend" of mine, and what did we get from her???

Absolutely NOTHING.

I have never used her, or any other TA again. I control my bookings.

Okay.....I'm a control freak anyways, but the above is a true story.

Same here. On top of all of the cruises (in suites no less), I have land based trips almost every month.

I am keeping my Oasis booking. ;) :D

Why do people EXPECT TAs to rebate back part of their commission when they don't expect the same thing from the cruise line?

I agree it's nice when it happens but it shouldn't be something that people expect.

I wasn't expecting it, just seeing if it was normal to receive something. Guess not :D!

Thinking out loud..... is it possible to cancel with one TA and rebook through another for the same cruise? Not to get OBCs or anything, but just because of bad experience with the TA and not wanting to deal with them anymore.

Thinking out loud..... is it possible to cancel with one TA and rebook through another for the same cruise? Not to get OBCs or anything, but just because of bad experience with the TA and not wanting to deal with them anymore.

You can but be aware that some TAs charge a fee if you cancel a booking with them. You also may lose your specific cabin in the process which would be a bad thing if you hand picked your location.

If you are looking for a TA that offers a bit more, search out this link at Cruise Critic ... http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/ With some research you will find what you are looking for.

Archived