Ruby Princess R747 exterior picture or info?

lanoitarus

I'm hoping someone has a picture of the very back of the Ruby's riviera deck. The reason is that cabin R747 just came available for my sailing-- on Ruby its the very far back cabin on the starboard side, and from the plans it looks to have a larger balcony. I understand from searching here that this cabin was added with Emerald and Ruby, and that it's balcony is therefore different-- cut out of the steel somehow.

Does anyone have a picture of this section of the ship so I can see what this balcony looks like? Does "cut out" mean that the balcony has less of a view than regular balconies? Is it still covered full/partial?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Emerald same location would be just as good too! Thanks!

I did find that one-- unfortunately R747 is just out of sight behind the bulge of the gigantic pillar (i guess thats what you have to call it) supporting skywalkers. :(

If anyone has a pic of the same spot on emerald (unless im wrong in thinking the layout is the same) that would be just as great!

You may be looking at the wrong deck. I checked the photo and it does show the new back balc cabins on the riviera deck. It sounds like your looking too high up......:confused:

I would grab that cabin. Balc is probably larger than side balc cabins (except caribe deck balc). :)

You may be looking at the wrong deck. I checked the photo and it does show the new back balc cabins on the riviera deck. It sounds like your looking too high up......:confused:

I would grab that cabin. Balc is probably larger than side balc cabins (except caribe deck balc). :)

I guess i wasnt entirely clear--- R747 on the ruby is a STARBOARD cabin, just the absolute furthest aft. You cant quite see it in that picture-- its just blocked by the rear corner bulk of the ship. It does NOT face aft. So what im looking for is a picture of what the SIDE BALCONIES (either side, its the same) of the ship looks like towards the extreme rear of the ship, not the actual back of the ship. Heres a pic of the cabin location, highlighted in red:

r747uz1.jpg

Sorry, i know its a bit confusing because on earlier ships R747 is a back balcony like you say.

I guess i wasnt entirely clear--- R747 on the ruby is a STARBOARD cabin, just the absolute furthest aft. You cant quite see it in that picture-- its just blocked by the rear corner bulk of the ship. It does NOT face aft. So what im looking for is a picture of what the SIDE BALCONIES (either side, its the same) of the ship looks like towards the extreme rear of the ship, not the actual back of the ship. Heres a pic of the cabin location, highlighted in red:

r747uz1.jpg

Sorry, i know its a bit confusing because on earlier ships R747 is a back balcony like you say.

Here is picture of the Diamond Princess (similar but not exactly the same).

You can see the very last cabin the balcony is huge and you can look forward. That is on Baja deck as the Diamond does not have a riviera deck.

2530384000046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

r747uz1.jpg

We have R751 booked for an April sailing. Surprisingly, the other three aft cabins are still available. It is about 15 sq. ft. smaller than the port and starboard Riviera balc rooms, but you'd still think the other three would be gone by now.

We have R751 booked for an April sailing. Surprisingly, the other three aft cabins are still available. It is about 15 sq. ft. smaller than the port and starboard Riviera balc rooms, but you'd still think the other three would be gone by now.

Andygoblue,

I have R751 booked for a later sailing. How did you find out that it is smaller? On the Diamond we had A746 which would be the same as R748 on Ruby and the balcony was larger than port and starboard balconies. I know in the diagram that R751 looks smaller than the one beside it but I hoped it was just a little misleading on the diagram. Do you know if there an advantage to being in R751 as opposed to R749 that would make it worth the smaller balcony?

Andygoblue,

I have R751 booked for a later sailing. How did you find out that it is smaller? On the Diamond we had A746 which would be the same as R748 on Ruby and the balcony was larger than port and starboard balconies. I know in the diagram that R751 looks smaller than the one beside it but I hoped it was just a little misleading on the diagram. Do you know if there an advantage to being in R751 as opposed to R749 that would make it worth the smaller balcony?

When I saw all four rooms were available, I called Princess direct to see why? I was told they were available because no one knows they exist. (they are just ocean view rooms on other sized Princess ships) Then I asked about the size because of the diagram. I don't have my notes anymore, so I'm probably off a bit, but she said 750 and 751 were something like 233 sq. ft. 748 and 749 were something like 236 sq. ft., and the others on Riviera are around 248. The difference is strictly in the balcony size.

The only reason I picked 751 is the privacy from anyone above.

The 2 inboard aft cabins definitely have slightly bigger balconies than the 2 outer ones. We also had a A746 on Sapphire, and the balcony was deeper on one side than the other, as the deckplan pictures show. Whether R750 and 751 have smaller balconies than the side balconies on that deck, I don't know, but compared to our R714 balcony on CB, Sapphire's A746 (which is the same cabin as Ruby's R748 and mirror to R749) is bigger. We had a lounger from the window to the railing, which wouldn't fit on a normal balcony. I also didn't notice any discernable space difference inside the cabins.

As for R747, after an eye-glazing search for pictures of that side of Emerald the best I could come up with is this one.

Exterior_Venice16.JPG

If you look at the top left corner, right below that scaffolding looking thing, is the balcony for R747. A747 is right below it, and they both stick out at a 45 degree angle. Looks like a decent forward view but not so much to the aft, not that that matters much. The balcony looks to be somewhat deeper at the angle.

In comparing the deckplans, it looks like they added R747 to the Emerald but didn't put the similar cabin (R746) on the port side until the Ruby. The space these cabins occupy is just shown as blank on the Crown and earlier. I don't recall there being a lot of extra space in the hallway opposite the Terrace Pool doors to add a cabin, but they obviously reconfigured something to make the room.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you have any more info on what R747 is actually like, and the view from it? The reason I'm interested is that I'm booked into R751 on Ventura, which looks the same as R747 on the Emerald, i.e. there's no matching cabin on the port side. We've been "upgraded" to this from a balcony cabin on a lower deck and I wanted to make sure it was in fact a better position/outlook

Do you have any more info on what R747 is actually like, and the view from it? The reason I'm interested is that I'm booked into R751 on Ventura, which looks the same as R747 on the Emerald, i.e. there's no matching cabin on the port side. We've been "upgraded" to this from a balcony cabin on a lower deck and I wanted to make sure it was in fact a better position/outlook

Look at the photo above of the Diamond, the balcony is angled/looks forward and is larger but the opening is cut out of the steel bulkhead.

• 4 months later...

I'm booked on the Ruby Princess in A747 for a Southern Caribbean cruise in November. I'm also trying to find some images or additional information about R747 (or R746) on the Ruby. Did you stay in this cabin and how was it? Anyone else have any info? From the deck plan it looks like a bigger deck - it that correct? I saw on one fuzzy photo that it looked like the balcony faced forward and to the side, rather than straight to the side?? Thanks!

We had A747 this fall on the CB. IMHO I think it's a great cabin with the bumped out balcony. Great view from the balcony forward toward the bridge, protection from the rain and enough space for 4 on the balcony. Added pluses are its a lower prices cabin (AD) and its the last cabin at the end of the hallway, only two suites at the aft on that side of the hallway, very quiet.

Only potential downside is that because the balcony is enclosed the cabin is a little darker that others on the Aloha deck. Personally i enjoy that especially in the am's. The balcony is very private when you sit away from the railing, however when you stand at the railing you are looking down into other cabins below and into the adjoining 2 Aloha deck cabins. I've attached the pics I have.

E731Balcony.jpg.8350bcaf08b480025f545de85efa8401.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg.e6e8059566dc42818edabf45f8f6f565.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg.08b41d2e689c100d11bec987e3c10d34.jpg

We had A747 this fall on the CB. IMHO I think it's a great cabin with the bumped out balcony. Great view from the balcony forward toward the bridge, protection from the rain and enough space for 4 on the balcony. Added pluses are its a lower prices cabin (AD) and its the last cabin at the end of the hallway, only two suites at the aft on that side of the hallway, very quiet.

Only potential downside is that because the balcony is enclosed the cabin is a little darker that others on the Aloha deck. Personally i enjoy that especially in the am's. The balcony is very private when you sit away from the railing, however when you stand at the railing you are looking down into other cabins below and into the adjoining 2 Aloha deck cabins. I've attached the pics I have.

The R747 they are asking about would be the same as this, only one deck higher. There is no R747 on the CB, so it was one of those little changes from ship to ship.

Edited by DanJ

• 5 months later...
My sister was on the Ruby in March and I had her take this picture because we are booked in R747 in January 2010. I haven't tried to post pictures before so I hope this works.

[ATTACH]131994[/ATTACH]

How was this cabin? Was it too dark? Looking to book this on the Emerald. Thanks.

We loved this cabin, so much that I plan to book it on a Meditteranean cruise next year! The balcony was much bigger than the standard balcony and simply wonderful!! I don't think the room was too dark at all. And the location was perfect for the Aft pool and the horizon court. :)

We loved this cabin, so much that I plan to book it on a Meditteranean cruise next year! The balcony was much bigger than the standard balcony and simply wonderful!! I don't think the room was too dark at all. And the location was perfect for the Aft pool and the horizon court. :)

Are you talking about R750? Or R747?