5 People in a room Non-Suite

I am asking for some general konwledge about cruise line rooms. My wife and my three kids are cruisers. We are looking at a cruise after 1-27-09, that day my son turns two and off to cruise club he goes. However, since we are now five people we will need to book two rooms on most cruises unless we get a suite. Paying the cost of a suite is not within our budget. However, I have found four cruise ships that will allow 5 people per room. Carnival Dream (too pricey right now), RCCL Oasis (Way too pricey right now), Carnival Victory (don't want to sail out of San Juan), and Carnival Triumph. I have been looking at the Carnival Triumph, but before we really get our minds set I wanted to see what other ships would hold fivev in a cabin. Thanks ahead of time.:)

Most of RCCL's ships have family staterooms that will hold 5 or more people, not just Oasis. These cannot be booked online as they require a minimum of 5 people to book. Many times though it is less expensive to book 2 connecting insides, than the family staterooms so it's always best to price out all options. One thing - your youngest would not be eligible for the kids club on RCCL as that does not start until age 3. They do offer in cabin babysitting and daily playtimes.

Carnival's older ships - Fantasy class, and Victory, Destiny, and Triumph, will allow you to book 5 people into a regular stateroom.

NCL Sun has a category of regular staterooms (I believe it is AB) that you can book 5 people into.

On Celebrity - the Family Oceanviews (FOV) will hold up to 5 people.

Any Carnival ship built before year 2000 you can put 5 in a cabin. Doesnt matter that these cabins you will be wall to wall beds, 185 s.f., they all have cabins where you can add a rollaway to a quad cabin. These ships were grandfathered in. thats why triumph allows 5, it was built in 1999.

Archived