"Hump" or "bump" out cabins on the Liberty

Winegirl58

Questions for anyone that has stayed in those bump out cabins? I am planning on cruising on the Liberty and have the opportunity of getting cabin 9340, deck 9, one of the bump, (or hump, whatever people are calling them) out cabins. I usually stay clear of cabins near the elevators and stairs, but I have been reading that these are almost coveted cabins. So for those that have stayed in them..... do you hear the elevators all night? Is it noisy? People coming up and down the stairs, do you hear them? We are early to rise, early to bed type people, so I really don't want to hear noise all night. Is the view from the balcony better? Why are these such special cabins? Thank you so much!

We had cabin 9640 on the Liberty, which is same cabin, but on the port side, & we didn't hear any noise from the elevators or people going by. Great cabin in a great location, you'll be very happy with your choice.

Here's a view from our balcony looking forward.

xepeep.jpg

And here's one looking aft.

15wduuc.jpg

No noise what so ever. Great location. I am also an early riser and it was great to just hop out of the cabin and straight to the stairs to crab my coffee before the crowds. We have an aft on our next cruise just to try something different but I gaurantee we will go for a hump whenever we can:) Grab it!

We had cabin 9640 on the Liberty, which is same cabin, but on the port side, & we didn't hear any noise from the elevators or people going by. Great cabin in a great location, you'll be very happy with your choice.

I'm glad you think it's good as we've just booked cabin 9640 for the Liberty cruise next February! :)

Questions for anyone that has stayed in those bump out cabins? I am planning on cruising on the Liberty and have the opportunity of getting cabin 9340, deck 9, one of the bump, (or hump, whatever people are calling them) out cabins. I usually stay clear of cabins near the elevators and stairs, but I have been reading that these are almost coveted cabins. So for those that have stayed in them..... do you hear the elevators all night? Is it noisy? People coming up and down the stairs, do you hear them? We are early to rise, early to bed type people, so I really don't want to hear noise all night. Is the view from the balcony better? Why are these such special cabins? Thank you so much!

We just got off Liberty 2 days ago and had junior suite 9344 which is 2 doors down from 9340. It was a fabulous location. Very close to the elevators & stairs, but on an alcove. No noise at all & your view since you are further on the hump should be even better. Grab that cabin!

Had 7640 (deck 7 port side) 2 weeks ago and loved it. Unobstructed views front to back. No noise at all. Was great to just walk out the door and be at the elevator. Excellent choice! You can't go wrong

Here's a view from our balcony looking forward.

And here's one looking aft.

Great photo's! Got any more? I think I will go grab that cabin while it is still there! Thanks to all who answer(ed)!

Definitely grab that cabin.

Here's one while we were docking in Cozumel.

Also docking in Cozumel, this one looking aft.

Another question for you. From your photo's, in the aft photos, looking down, it looks like there is a deck jutting out from the ship, below your balcony. But in the photo's looking the other way, I don't see it. Is there one? I am asking because I have only cruised on Princess and I have had cabins where there is a deck jutting out below our balcony. It just makes me feel a little safer, in case I fall over, I will hit a deck not the ocean! lol!!

Another question about the hump cabins. Are they any bigger than the other balcony cabins? Are the balconies bigger? Thank you!

had 7640 3 weeks ago and 7652 last year on freedom. I think the hump cabins are slightly narrower the the regular balconies. wasn't an issue at all with 2 people. great ship, have a good time!!!

I just had 9340 on the liberty and loved it!!! No noise and the elevators and stairs were so convenient!!

You can see pictures of the cabin in my PHOTO's for the liberty in my signature below.

• 1 month later...

Archived